Fishing Talk > Fishing Talk

Current Surf and Salad Conditions Reports

<< < (9/9)

Pinoyfisher:
BIG surf predicted for the next few days  :'(

Latimeria:
Cardiff - First week of April

RIPPING CURRENT at SLACK TIDE!  7 oz sputniks couldn't even hold the bottom.

GRASS GALORE! Water looked fairly clean, but there was a hidden mess of grass and kelp in the water that would have been fine if the ripping current didn't pile it up on our line at breakneck speeds!

We fished for about 4 hours and never got a single shot at a 10 minute soak time..  not a single bite...  nothing except a thong bikini sunning herself next to us that sort of salvaged basically a wasted trip. 

Pinoyfisher:
Phuck! That sounds awful! Mother Nature is doing her best to keep us off the beach. I'm gonna hit the bay this Thursday for bats and grinners or the pier for bait stock piling.

Latimeria:
4/22

Report from the beach...  "It's so windy that it looks like flocks of sheep out there".  Confused, I said sheep?  Squatch replied "all the whitecaps this morning".. 

It's my anniversary "weekend" apparently and I have a big work audit to prep for this week, so I'm not sure when I'll get out fishing again.

Pinoyfisher:
I was a TP last night, the downhill current was the worse I've ever seen.

The wife is preparing for the same audit. I wish the conditions were better, it'd be nice to get away from the stress of "audit preparation".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version