Fishing Talk > Fishing Talk

Current Surf and Salad Conditions Reports

(1/9) > >>

Latimeria:
This is just a trial Sticky Topic.  I know a lot of you still get around the water even if you are not fishing, or didn't catch anything so you don't want to report it. 
My idea for this is to just give a brief quick synopsis at least and a general area (unless you want to be more specific).  I think this might help people decide if and even where to go.

Examples:

-Mission Beach - Surf size was fishable, but there was a ton of salad in the water and on the beach.

-Cardiff - Clean water and no kelp, but the realistic wave heights are much bigger than forecasted.  Big shore pound.

-Torrey Pines - Stay away... Giant kelp monsters floating in the surf zone everywhere.

This way we network with surf condition reports (and we have all thanked someone who has braved the surf and let people know how good or bad it's been out there to help make up our minds).
I'll just see how this goes and hopefully it catches on.

If Jim replies here, you know it's going to be: "The county must have dumped all of the kelp in San Diego off the beach I was fishing.  Solid Kelp in front of me, but the guys 20 yards to the south are not getting any salad.... I think they are sabotaging me!"
 ;D ;D ;D

Pinoyfisher:
Crumbly surf. 2-3', occasional 4'. Lots of surface texture. LOTS of broken up salad. Every cast had salad. Stay home, don't waste your bait.

Latimeria:

--- Quote from: Pinoyfisher on October 02, 2018, 06:28:40 PM ---Crumbly surf. 2-3', occasional 4'. Lots of surface texture. LOTS of broken up salad. Every cast had salad. Stay home, don't waste your bait.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Mike.  It looks like things are going to get ugly again this upcoming weekend.

xjchad:
5-6' up here.  Not sure when I'll get out again, might be awhile the way things are going.  :(

vdisney:

--- Quote from: xjchad on October 08, 2018, 04:01:16 PM ---5-6' up here.  Not sure when I'll get out again, might be awhile the way things are going.  :(

--- End quote ---

Saturday up there looks doable, we're gonna hit it at greylight   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version