Author Topic: Dock destruction 8/30/15  (Read 2671 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Dock destruction 8/30/15
« on: August 31, 2015, 08:10:39 PM »
Needed to get outta the pad after being held captive in the AC  all day Saturday... Got to the lake at the right time ;) they were blowin up all around the dock the whole time I was there! They were super keyed in on the bait but wouldn't commit to a TW or jerk bait... wacky rig was $ though! They inhaled it after letting it sink for a few feet and a slow steady crank in with a stop or twitch thrown in. Wfo stupid fun! With some bigger fish thrown in the mix of 2-3# scrappy green backs! It was so stupid wide open my chick started filming me after my 8th straight fish! Left em bitin when the fire ants came out lookin for my girls beef jerky, the insects out there are beginning to reach plague like levels, but the green bugs that swarm the dock seem to be what's makin the shad school on the surface and cause the bass to eat with wreckless abandon!

Didn't take a ton of pics as I couldn't wait to get back into the chaos! But here's a few of the better fish!

1st 5lbr of the day B)

Chunky dark thick fish

Solid phatty pushing 6lbs

Down sized bait lmfao!

Phatty of the sesh pushing 7lbs, coulda been phatter, but boiling on bait burns calories I guess... still a beautiful fish jus not obese like many of the smaller fish... maybe a big male?

They almost chewed my thumb off ;P

Not really that bad lmfao it's been worse B)

Well that was fun! I'll be doin that again b4 the week ends!  But I'll be in the surf tomorrow lookin for a hammer!

Lil clip of a scrappy greenie during the chaos! Sorry it's not a donkey my chick was having issues getting the video to focus during the melee :/ so to be continued ;)

https://youtu.be/qgY5QRKeBQk
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 08:12:36 PM by j.rasta »

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Dock destruction 8/30/15
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 08:52:14 PM »
Killing them green bass!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 10:09:45 PM »
Beautiful job, boss!

Super session and I'll pick a candidate picture!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 07:30:11 AM »
Healthy bass, looks like fun  8)