Author Topic: OMG... Make the Pain Stop! (9/3)  (Read 14607 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
OMG... Make the Pain Stop! (9/3)
« on: September 03, 2015, 08:01:43 PM »
So I was feeling very confident inside that I got the boat motor fixed.  I played Hooky and took the boat out for a test run and hopefully some of those tuna and dodo they've been getting.  I did a lot of test runs in gear in the driveway so I didn't have to drive 23 miles to be let down every time.

I left the dock and ran it in the speed zone for two laps and it was purring like a kitten. I tear out the inlet and everything is great... and then disappointment sets in when it bogs down. Ugh, to make matters worse, when I put it in reverse, the connector from the cable to reverse broke and I could only go in forward.

At least that was a bit of good news... I also got a nice bonito and plenty of macks for shark bait, but a sea lion parked it next to me and basically ate every bonito i hooked. I was fortunate to boat one. Try outrunning a sea lion at 5mph... even worse than you think. LOL... 
I was using my 8# bay stick so it was a lot of fun sportfishing for bait!  There was a lot of it out there!!!

All of a sudden, the bait boat came rushing in on me!  WTF?!?  He literally cut me off from the school of mack so they could test cast for bait size I guess.  Oh well, just a first for me.  I've had sporties do that, but never the bait boat.  I left as they need to get bait to support the fleet... at least that is what I was telling myself to keep from thinking that my repairs didn't stick. LOL

This is one of the few times that I wish i made more money. Happiness is worth more than money to me, but you can't buy a new motor on happiness.
I know it must be something stupid.  Everything has pretty much been replaced and I'm running out of ideas.

Oh well, time to go sharking from the surf again I guess!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: OMG... Make the Pain Stop! (9/3)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »
Ready for a good shark outing. Sucks about the motor. Again. Ugh.

That sport caught bait is fun.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 07:00:21 AM »
 >:( >:(

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 09:11:40 AM »
Hurtin boss... at least you caught bait otherwise I woulda sank that bitch for the insurance $ B) Jk Tommy hopefully a mechanic can troubleshoot it and it won't cost too much. Good luck man...

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 01:13:08 AM »
Bummer to hear the motor still not 100 percent. But you still find a way to make the best of those trips.  8)

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 07:10:46 PM »
Hopefully it works by the time you take me out ;) lol