Author Topic: Reporting in from a 1.5 trip on the Sea Adventure 80. Pics are up!  (Read 14476 times)

shoresurfer

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Went on a 1.5 day trip with my dad who is 79 years old. He wanted to go 1 last time so we headed out on what may be our last trip together.
Fishing was slow for the most part. Started out fishing YFT right at dawn in US waters. At first bite was great but quickly settled down.
I ended up with 3 biggest being maybe 30lbs.

Pops got his 1.

Sardines and Flat Fall jig worked.
Then moved on to look for another school and found a few Dorado. I missed my  chance as the fish didn't take the bait all the way and it came back stripped with teeth marks all the way down. Never got another to bite.
The we hit some Bluefin schools. I got one to hit the Flat Fall again but this time my inexperience with jigs got me and I missed the hook set, got teeth marks from the top of the jig to the bottom. And again never got another as the current was strong and I couldn't get the 8oz jig to sink.
Swells were 3 to 5 feet with white caps on the water. We were rocking the rest of the day and that made tough fishing even tougher.

Fish are all in 150 to 200 feet of water and don't seem anxious to come up so fish something heavy to get down deep.
Hope this helps.
Robert.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 10:34:24 AM by shoresurfer »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Reporting in from a 1.5 trip on the Sea Adventure 80.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 10:15:16 AM »
Thanks for the intel. That's more fish than I got in my last several trips.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 10:52:47 AM »
I absolutely hate fishing in snotty weather! At least you got some! Like Steve said, good intel.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »
Glad you were able to get some Robert ...hit or miss and you didn't miss :)