Author Topic: Krocodile Question  (Read 17162 times)

HalibutJoel99

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Krocodile Question
« on: September 05, 2014, 06:19:15 PM »
Was wondering if there was a way to keep the stock treble hooks from rusting? I do rinse off after every session with fresh water. It seems there is a welded ring keeping the treble on. Is it hard to cut off this ring? Is it hardened steel? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :o

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Krocodile Question
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 11:09:27 PM »
Was wondering if there was a way to keep the stock treble hooks from rusting? I do rinse off after every session with fresh water. It seems there is a welded ring keeping the treble on. Is it hard to cut off this ring? Is it hardened steel? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! :o

Wait to see what others would say Joel, but I would buy Gamakatsu Siwash hooks and just cut the treble off and leave the welded ring.  I think that would be your best bet.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Krocodile Question
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:45:43 PM »

I've never tried to cut it off but I'm sure a tough pair of dikes would do the trick. After that you can add an Owner split ring (or split ring of your choice) which would allow you to change hooks a little bit easier.