Author Topic: The Ebb and Flows of Cabo - Mid August, 2014  (Read 14928 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: The Ebb and Flows of Cabo - Mid August, 2014
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 06:22:23 AM »
Great report Tom! You definitely scored more species than all of my Cabo trips combined, but I have been pretty fortunate in getting into some killer rooster action. August is pretty late for roosters though. I never thought about bring the crack as I usually stick to lures and cut market shrimp bought from the local Super Wal-Mart. Were you in Cabo near the marina or San Jose del Cabo where it sits right between the Cortez and the pacific?

We were 10 miles south of Jose Del Cabo and still another 20+ miles away from Cabo proper.  Seriously though, I brought Crack to NJ and killed it and done the same in Cabo.  That stuff rules!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 09:08:02 PM »
Great report Tom! You definitely scored more species than all of my Cabo trips combined, but I have been pretty fortunate in getting into some killer rooster action. August is pretty late for roosters though. I never thought about bring the crack as I usually stick to lures and cut market shrimp bought from the local Super Wal-Mart. Were you in Cabo near the marina or San Jose del Cabo where it sits right between the Cortez and the pacific?

We were 10 miles south of Jose Del Cabo and still another 20+ miles away from Cabo proper.  Seriously though, I brought Crack to NJ and killed it and done the same in Cabo.  That stuff rules!

I'm bringing crack next year!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 01:41:58 PM »
You have a realistic shot at dodos from shore there!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

NickysDeckhand

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »
Would you believe I've been checking the older link and wondering why there were no new posts :-[ ??? Nicky and I just read through the report, you def. made the most of your fishing time! Just awesome stuff Tom!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 08:05:00 PM »
Would you believe I've been checking the older link and wondering why there were no new posts :-[ ??? Nicky and I just read through the report, you def. made the most of your fishing time! Just awesome stuff Tom!

Funny you said that Phong.  Don S had the same problem before I reminded him that the last link I gave was just the back up. 

I think I had at least one rooster down there, but I'll never know.  Tell Nicky to come on board also!  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
Awesome report. Thanks for sharing! 8) 8)