Author Topic: Plano boxes  (Read 16731 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Plano boxes
« on: September 01, 2014, 06:59:49 PM »
Anybody have a recommendation on storage trays? I broke a bunch of my old ones. Hit them with my truck. Dumbass move. Whatever.

I bought a couple boxes a month or so ago. Yesterday I went to open them and the snaps broke so they won't stay closed. When I picked up one of them my thumb broke through the top. They earn the rating of "Piece of sh!t"

Suggestions for a durable box?

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Plano boxes
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »
I have about every brand you can think of and always go the cheap route for some reason.  The ones that I've had the longest are the Plano Pro-Latch boxes.  I also like to put a lot of heavy stuff and even lead in there and they are still holding up although I do need to replace them soon.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 08:58:51 AM »
A little off topic but does anyone know of any type of box that is roughly 8.5" x 7.5"? Even an 8" x 7" box would be perfect. I have a new surf fishing "bag" that meets those dimensions. I want to put all my lucky crafts in one box and am growing tired of using multiple boxes or finding one box that is way too big.

And sasquatch, I use the Flambeau Boxes with no problems at all. They seem more durable than Plano boxes (in my opinion).

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 10:03:29 AM »
Yeah, I like the Flambeau boxes too. They were out of the size I was looking for when I bought those two. Currently trying Turners brand. Not my favorite, too few dividers, but they are better than nothing.