Author Topic: 2 first Grinners let's go!! 6/5  (Read 5580 times)

ztesta

• Shovelnose
  • Cant catch a shark
    • View Profile
2 first Grinners let's go!! 6/5
« on: June 06, 2015, 11:41:24 AM »
No the tittle is not a tease like pinoy's lol. Good incoming  tide decent 2-3 surf kelp in the water but still fishable. Armed with new conventionals and better casting distance, tonight could be our night. Got our baits in the water at around 7:30 and about 15 minutes in B Litz has a bite... Dangit its a bat ray. 48" no pics though. He rebaits and casts out. We clean the seaweed on the beach and chat for awhile until 9 when his pole goes off again..this time it appears to be the right kind unfortunately the fish comes off making B Litz 0 for 2 on grinners. 

We both rebait and get good casts in pretty deep water, high Hopes for our first grinner.  Our hopes were almost shut down by the high tide creeping in which could have left us in a bad situation so we were both a little skeptical. We get the gear ready just in case we need to move out fast. Just after we finish doing that, both our poles go off almost simultaneously. Mine is a slow run I pick it up...nothing. B Litz however is on and its for sure the right kind and decent sized!! After a 15 minute crazy fight, I realize im gonna have to do the first tail grab...great. I was too excited and was in like 3 feet of water..bad idea. I back up and grab the tail WOW these guys are strong! Because all our gear is packed we fumble with getting the supplies but manage to measure her at 71" and release her safely.

We were hyped and in shock and still had time left so it was my turn to send a new bait out..and at about 11 I hook up on mine! After a shorter fight with some crazy rolls and tail slaps I thought I was gonna loose it but I bring it in and B_Litz gets the tail grab done. This time a 69" model.  First fish on my conventional not bad! We release it no harm and pack it in because of the sketchy tide. Man what a night and what a fun fight.

This was our 7th surf attempt and our goal was to have one big shark before our 10th try and we have 2 so we feel pretty lucky. And oh latimeria...Put us on the shark list ;) lol
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:53:01 AM by ztesta »

B_Litz

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Re: 2 first Grinners let's go!! 6/5
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 11:55:34 AM »
Such an awesome night! A much different fight then the bat rays. I couldn't believe how strong she was when I grabbed the tail.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 12:22:02 PM »
Right ON!!!  8) 8) 8) 8)

Kick ass fun!

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »
Freaking awesome guys, you sure put in the work. Just a special feeling after finally landing the target huh? Congrats and now you can target the big Ole 7gills 8)

SurffishingSean

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »
Wow! congrats on both of your firs sharks! i've yet to get one! Even a big leo. haha

ztesta

• Shovelnose
  • Cant catch a shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 01:56:29 PM »
Freaking awesome guys, you sure put in the work. Just a special feeling after finally landing the target huh? Congrats and now you can target the big Ole 7gills 8)

Yeah it is! Thats the next species on the list.

ztesta

• Shovelnose
  • Cant catch a shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 01:57:44 PM »
Wow! congrats on both of your firs sharks! i've yet to get one! Even a big leo. haha
Thanks man...we haven't got a single Leo yet lol we caught  soupfin before a leo
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:17:50 PM by ztesta »

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 02:45:51 PM »
I'll trade you one of my Sevens for a Soupie! Nice going!

B_Litz

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 03:43:15 PM »

Yeah It feels great knowing the hard work payed off! Like you said hopefully a 7 is next. I wouldn't mind a big Leo either haha.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 04:50:05 PM »
Very nice. Two in a night is pretty darn good.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »
Nice going guys 8)

Cool sharks for sure 8) 8)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 06:16:40 PM »

I will trade you a big leo spot for your surf calico/sea bass spot ;D

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 09:53:57 PM »
Hell yeah!!! I'm gonna be on that list real soon >:(

Way to go!! You guys have a hell of a spot! Been focusing on two spots that are proven to be sharky, Binh and I are pretty close...
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 10:10:27 PM »
Congrats on the first of many I'm sure!
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

B_Litz

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 12:58:21 AM »
Hell yeah!!! I'm gonna be on that list real soon >:(

Way to go!! You guys have a hell of a spot! Been focusing on two spots that are proven to be sharky, Binh and I are pretty close...

You'll get one forsure! As you know the constant effort will be rewarding eventually!