Author Topic: Return To The Sea (5/31)  (Read 15454 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Return To The Sea (5/31)
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »
It's been 2 months since I last took the Boma out.  After she got her new Tats, I was ready to give her and me back a sea run.  The goal was simple, we wanted to load up with Macks and look for hali since that would not be too rough on my back.

We got to the inlet after hearing of the rain bait at the receivers to find 30 boats all trying for macks!  We tried a few drifts and headed out to our secret mack spot.  I hooked up 3 times, bit didn't realize until later that the hooks were breaking off my sabiki, so we ran back into the inlet to see even more boats there trying for mack.

We went with our second and third options after that.  We hot some inshore spots to get the skunk off.

We decided to move off La Jolla to see probably 100 boats and 100 kayaks!  No way we could even rockfish as there was no territory to fish, so we moved tight into the kelp and had some fun with some snot sticks on the small irons.

I lost one and Steve got a couple before we decided to start running and gunning back to the barn.  My back was TOAST!  I didn't want to f@ck it up, so it was the right call.

We hit a half a dozen spots and picked & Rolled our way through.

Really Nice Rattler

Big Brown

The fish Steve won't count, but it didn't matter as I beat him by ONE! Big Lizard!

In any case, it was a fun ass time out there and I got to burn some old fuel off.  It also reminded me that my back is not 100%, so I am glad I didn't go looking for yellows as I was pretty sore when I got back from all of these Oobly Gooblies.

Fun times for sure, but I was bitter that we couldn't find a single Mackerel!  There was almost no bait besides red crab to be found!

Oh well, better off next time. 
Thanks for reading.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Return To The Sea (5/31)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »
 Tough day of fishing for sure. We did our best to make something happen, but it just wouldn't. It was fun to get into the little cuda.

Thanks for inviting me, lets go again.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 07:12:42 PM »
Bummer not finding the macks, rockfish is a tasty consolation!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 07:57:47 PM »
Nice seein you almost back to normal boss, sucks the bait was nowhere to be found...

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 08:27:44 PM »
My spell check just killed me on this post. Soon as I get a good wash and coat of wax on the Bona, I'll be ready for some tuna!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:21:33 AM »
must have felt great to be back on open water again

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 06:38:05 AM »
Showing off the new tat to greet the fish, looks like you had good company too. 8)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 12:35:01 PM »
Boma rides again!!!

8) 8) 8) 8)