Author Topic: wide open grinner bite  (Read 2253 times)

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
wide open grinner bite
« on: May 27, 2015, 09:44:52 AM »
Jk  lol
met up with Steve and Tom for a good old Tuesday night session, I got there at about 6, Steve and Tom around 3 or 4...to very rough conditions!
But that didn't stop us, it did stop the sharks a bit tho....the first bite went to Steve at about 6:30, he had just cast a recycled mackerel chunks, it'd bin through 5 or 6 cast go figure....he put the rod in the holder, pulled some line and had a ripper!!!!!literally 15 seconds after putting it in the holder...the look on his face as his reel screamed! Unfortunately,  it dropped as he started crankin.
next up was me making a decent cast with half a jumbo mack, followed by horror as I saw a big wave coming thru while I was atop my rocky casting platform, as I turned to run, you guessed it, I ate sh!t big time and fell off my perch lol just a bruised ego, and knee.
Tom was up next! He had just casted and was putting his glow tip on, when all the sudden something tried yanking his rod out of his hands! And as he crank and crank trying to get a good hookset, you guessed it. It was gone. He was convinced it was the right kind, my gut is saying eel.
by this time it's 9'o clock, I'm getting tired, Steve is contimplating to set his alarm to go. I go to rebait, and snag! I try a different angle and out comes a 16"calico bass...she's coming to dinner with me tomorrow.
 No pics on my part, I'm sure Tom has a couple of the scenic pics and my bass. As always nice fishing with you guys

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: wide open grinner bite
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:10:20 AM »
Glad you didn't get hurt in the tumble.

I was totally surprised by that bite. Just after testing the drag, I turn and my rod starts making all kinds of weird noise.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:17:44 AM »
Sounds like a fun get together. Sorry about the spill Ray. Those rocks can be tricky.

8)

HalibutJoel99

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »
Hit the beach in the PM, it was windy out there! Good you guys tried though.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:29:37 PM »
Tom was up next! He had just casted and was putting his glow tip on, when all the sudden something tried yanking his rod out of his hands! And as he crank and crank trying to get a good hookset, you guessed it. It was gone. He was convinced it was the right kind, my gut is saying eel.
No pics on my part, I'm sure Tom has a couple of the scenic pics and my bass.

Don't you worry, my gut says the picture of your bass will just come out just perfectly.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »
Lol  ;)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 04:13:24 PM »
Good to hear we weren't the only ones having a no so great night.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)