Author Topic: Poachin' Tuesday with Old Friends 5/26  (Read 2765 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Poachin' Tuesday with Old Friends 5/26
« on: May 27, 2015, 08:38:31 AM »
Got a text on Saturday from my old partner in crime, Willis, he went offshore chasing BFT and had primo bait left over... so after 100 mile round trip to the surf Monday with squatch I decided to stay closer to home last night and hit a spot that usually produces with fresh bait. Got to the spot lil b4 6 and setup for the evening sesh. Willis' chick hooks up 1st with a tattoo sized $#!t shark, good sign. Then she gets a hand off from willis of what he thought was a Leopard but ended up being a decent wiggler ;)

She was stoked, biggest fish she's landed so far. the lil bait munchers were tearing the fresh macks up within minutes of rebaiting, tails were being chewed off so I went for broke and pinned on a big juicy head. within 15mins I get ran. Definitely a shark, lots of head shake and tail slap, back and forth run, then I see her. Willis is gettin bit while I'm fighting her, his chick was a good sand hand though and took the rod as I tailed her!

Nice Lil 4' kitten

Went quiet for a bit as the tide wasn't moving much, then it went off, willis lost back to back donkeys, pretty sure one was a Leo, and one a bigger bat. Lil bit after the farmage willis lands a lil 20# male bat, and hands his chick off a lil bigger 30# female bat lil b4 dark. 30mins to go b4 the buzzer, his chick's spinner, with 20# mono, goes off on a monster! He sets the hook and hands it off to her and she gets worked for a good 10mins b4 she hands it back and they trekked down the shore chasing the beast, he turns the fish and hands it back and they fought her for easily 30mins b4 I see them coming back my way with the fish almost subdued. I run over and can see the tail whippin, and it's a serious bat! Willis is worked, idk how he kept the beast on, on 20# especially with the drag I could hear it pulling from almost 100yds away and all the obstacles in the area. He gets her into the shallows a few times b4 I got as deep as my boots will allow and grab her for them.

Legit Bat!

We called it a night after that ordeal, and the buzzer had already sounded. Awesome time with old friends, even knocked out a "cartilagous slam" and had zero -1s, or "ZERO" fish, which are -1s in my book ;)

Thanks for reading, Rastafar-gone B)<===*~~~

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Poachin' Tuesday with Old Friends 5/26
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:18:15 AM »
That first picture is pretty funny.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 10:19:26 AM »
Stoked!

Nice assortment right there!

8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 01:33:34 PM »
Good to see you guys on fish and tell Willis that 20# is a little bit undergunning for big bats!  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »
I told him he was under gunned when he was spooling it up lol he said, "I'm gonna just throw little chunks on it" after the tattoo s#it shark he beefed it up, more and more as the night and beers went on! 15mins and 175yds into the battle he was kickin himself in the ass big time! You live and you learn, most of us anyway... luckily he got the fish in and they both got to fight a big fish, biggest fish she's ever seen at that. I kept tellin him, Tom got one in on his bass rod and 8# lmfao

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 04:15:34 PM »
That leo blends in real well with your shirt!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 02:40:47 PM »
nice day right there
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 11:36:42 AM »
Very nice fun session. Congratulations

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 04:50:08 PM »
Poacher....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.