Author Topic: Third time wasnt the charm.. SD 5/9  (Read 2890 times)

ztesta

• Shovelnose
  • Cant catch a shark
    • View Profile
Third time wasnt the charm.. SD 5/9
« on: May 10, 2015, 07:26:10 PM »
Despite the poor weather throughout the week, me and my buddy decided Saturday was the day for our third try in the surf. Got to the spot at around 7 and got our baits out in a pretty low tide but the surf was small and the weeds were minimal. We had no bites till 8:30 after the tide switched when B Litz poll goes taps a few times then goes bendo..as im watching him fight the fish, my pole goes bendo and i fight my fish for about 30 seconds and the fish dropped the bait :(. B Litz fish ended up being a 49" batray.

B Litz 49" sorry for the bad photo i tried to put filters on it and edit it but its just bad.

After rebaiting, at around 10 b litz's pole goes off again but really fast he tightens his drag but the fish keeps running it was pretty crazy after almost getting despooled, were about 100 yards down the beach when he finally lands it..expecting it to be closer to 55" but it was just a pissed off 50.5" that we measured but dont have a pic for because some dumb@ss grabbed the tape measure and forgot the phone.

Were really on the bat rays but even just a leopard shark would be nice. Were in the bat cave we need to be in the soup kitchen lol.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Third time wasnt the charm.. SD 5/9
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 07:37:24 PM »
 Hard to argue with success, but if where you are shopping doesn't have what you want, try another store. I wouldn't mind having a consistent bat spot like that though.

ztesta

• Shovelnose
  • Cant catch a shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »
Hard to argue with success, but if where you are shopping doesn't have what you want, try another store. I wouldn't mind having a consistent bat spot like that though.

I really like this store though. lol

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 08:57:34 PM »
Good streak !!!  8) 8)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 11:44:23 PM »
Yay... more big surf bats to wreak havoc on one's back... >:( jk! I wouldn't mind one right now.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:41:56 AM »
I have to admit, that is pretty damn consistent catching all of those bats there!  I don't even think I have a bat spot in the surf that rivals that spot you guys got!

Well done once again.  You could always try somewhere new and test some new grounds, but it would be hard to pass up a hot spot like that one!  I can't wait until I see the report where you say "I thought it was a medium to large sized bat when the head popped out of the surf trying to bite my hand off!"  ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 06:48:40 AM »
  I can't wait until I see the report where you say "I thought it was a medium to large sized bat when the head popped out of the surf trying to bite my hand off!"  ;D
   :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »
Hard to argue with that kind of success 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?

ztesta

• Shovelnose
  • Cant catch a shark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »
I have to admit, that is pretty damn consistent catching all of those bats there!  I don't even think I have a bat spot in the surf that rivals that spot you guys got!

Well done once again.  You could always try somewhere new and test some new grounds, but it would be hard to pass up a hot spot like that one!  I can't wait until I see the report where you say "I thought it was a medium to large sized bat when the head popped out of the surf trying to bite my hand off!"  ;D

I hope your right man haha.