Author Topic: Day At The Docks 2024  (Read 268 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Day At The Docks 2024
« on: March 31, 2024, 02:20:43 PM »
Anyone going down next Sunday?  I'll be down for a bit in the morning looking for some deals and maybe seeing if any vendor has one of the new Daiwa 500 bait casters I can get a feel of.  I'd love to pair it with my Rainshadow yellow rod for tossing surface irons, but want to see if it worth that type of coin.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Day At The Docks 2024
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 05:34:01 PM »
Day at the Docks is a little too far for me, but I was able to get the Lexa 500 in my hands at Charkbait. 400s are barely my cup of tea, 500 isn't my thing. I think as long as it fits you ergonomically it will prove to be a tank just like its smaller counterparts.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 08:17:17 PM »
Thanks for the reminder, I may have to go check it out .

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 08:28:36 AM »
Good show.  It was the first time I didn't have my wife and daughter in tow so it was kind of dangerous.  I swore I wasn't going to buy any new lure, but I somehow walked away with a 25# box of stuff... Ugh

Talked with a bunch of new people and saw some old friends along the way.

I spent more time conversing than I did walking around and shopping.

The used tackle lot was FILLED with people, but I found some things that I couldn't pass up.  I picked up a lot of smaller lead (split shots, rubber cores, worm weights, egg sinkers etc) and found one of the big 240 Mad Macs that looked brand new for $25.  Much better than the normal $50 price tag in the box!

Even though the family wasn't with me, I traditionally went to Pizza Nova for my Mai Tai and Pie!

As I got home, I saw that I missed 5 calls.  I barely got any pictures, mostly because of that heavy ass box I was carrying all morning.  LOL

Let's see what you guys picked up!

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 08:52:41 AM »
Only 25#? Learned your lesson last year I guess  :) .

Must of missed you. Spent most the time chasing my kids around. Did stroll through a booth or 2 but kept my wallet shut. The galley aboard the Dolphin did sucker the ole lady into a birria platter for our $4 trip to the bait barge.

I got to field strip the Lexa 500 down at the shop. It's basically a wider 400 for $100+ more. My mits aren't that big ( size L gloves ) but I didn't find the wider frame miserable, quite manageable to be honest. I've tossed small iron and tuna hardbaits with my 400. Tried bigger irons but wasn't a fan of it. The Tranx 500 is still the King.

Hopefully a TW Lexa 500 is released. The TW Lexa already has a taller spool when compared to the Lexa HD. A TW Lexa 500 would mean taller spool and proportionally bigger ( stronger ) gear box to compete with the Tranx. Not holding my breath though.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2024, 02:40:56 PM »
Got there around 2pm with daughter in tow. My daughter had fun opening all the tackle boxes at the used tackle booth. She said it was like opening treasure boxes. Chopped it up with some old co-workers. Bought some shirts and a hoodie for my kids at H&M. Stoked I'm still getting an employee discount... as long as Ollie or Danny Wade is there  ;) Called it after about 2hrs. Maybe it's just me getting old and grumpy, but Day at the Docks has lost some of its luster...

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 04:51:55 AM »

Made my morning Mike, thanks for the smile
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 08:15:17 PM »
Myles and I went to check it out, got a shirt and a couple of hats for the kids. After Both Bart Hall Shows and The PCS Show, I have everything I need for now but I must admit it was very tempting to buy more stuff with some of the prices, I just had to tell myself to walk away, ha ha

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 05:50:19 AM »
I'm always there too early to see Ollie.  lol

Great pictures guys!