Fishing Talk > Fishing Talk

Day At The Docks 2024

(1/2) > >>

Latimeria:
Anyone going down next Sunday?  I'll be down for a bit in the morning looking for some deals and maybe seeing if any vendor has one of the new Daiwa 500 bait casters I can get a feel of.  I'd love to pair it with my Rainshadow yellow rod for tossing surface irons, but want to see if it worth that type of coin.

jrodda:
Day at the Docks is a little too far for me, but I was able to get the Lexa 500 in my hands at Charkbait. 400s are barely my cup of tea, 500 isn't my thing. I think as long as it fits you ergonomically it will prove to be a tank just like its smaller counterparts.

Tim524:
Thanks for the reminder, I may have to go check it out .

Latimeria:
Good show.  It was the first time I didn't have my wife and daughter in tow so it was kind of dangerous.  I swore I wasn't going to buy any new lure, but I somehow walked away with a 25# box of stuff... Ugh

Talked with a bunch of new people and saw some old friends along the way.

I spent more time conversing than I did walking around and shopping.

The used tackle lot was FILLED with people, but I found some things that I couldn't pass up.  I picked up a lot of smaller lead (split shots, rubber cores, worm weights, egg sinkers etc) and found one of the big 240 Mad Macs that looked brand new for $25.  Much better than the normal $50 price tag in the box!

Even though the family wasn't with me, I traditionally went to Pizza Nova for my Mai Tai and Pie!

As I got home, I saw that I missed 5 calls.  I barely got any pictures, mostly because of that heavy ass box I was carrying all morning.  LOL

Let's see what you guys picked up!

skrilla:
Only 25#? Learned your lesson last year I guess  :) .

Must of missed you. Spent most the time chasing my kids around. Did stroll through a booth or 2 but kept my wallet shut. The galley aboard the Dolphin did sucker the ole lady into a birria platter for our $4 trip to the bait barge.

I got to field strip the Lexa 500 down at the shop. It's basically a wider 400 for $100+ more. My mits aren't that big ( size L gloves ) but I didn't find the wider frame miserable, quite manageable to be honest. I've tossed small iron and tuna hardbaits with my 400. Tried bigger irons but wasn't a fan of it. The Tranx 500 is still the King.

Hopefully a TW Lexa 500 is released. The TW Lexa already has a taller spool when compared to the Lexa HD. A TW Lexa 500 would mean taller spool and proportionally bigger ( stronger ) gear box to compete with the Tranx. Not holding my breath though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version