Author Topic: New BPS opened  (Read 147 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
New BPS opened
« on: March 28, 2024, 04:26:01 PM »
Was gonna go after work today to peruse but my lady seems down to see it with me so might go this weekend.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: New BPS opened
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 06:22:17 PM »
 I went to the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony last night and saw the store, very nice store but it doesn't compare to the Rancho BPS !  Single story with limited decor and the Salt Water section is very small, they need to rethink that part since their location will attract mainly Ocean guys in my opinion. Still worth a look and I am sure they will have deals going on thru the weekend but just keep in mind they converted a Walmart into a BPS so the ''vibe'' isn't all there. Just my 2 Cents, hope everyone has a nice Easter !

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 09:48:19 PM »
Only got taxed $28. Haven't seen the big flukes in person so had to buy what I saw, the Daiwa SP minnows were 50% off so I went for that as well. And Alicia needed a snack. Avoided the many alluring soft plastics and put down many fun feeling rods.

I also noted immediately that it wasn't two stories. One of the sales associates said it has the largest saltwater selection of any BPS anywhere. I think it's comparable to the RC store in that regard, though it didn't even have Avets like Rancho does. Walked in and it seemed like 80% of the floor plan was clothes, and off in the corner was the tiny fishing section, but still managed to spend 30 minutes looking in that "little corner." Some cool mounts. Guess I gotta go back to Rancho Cucamonga to compare!

Did you meet Roland Martin or Jimmy Houston last night, Tim? Saw the pro lineup from last night on the site as I was looking for hours today.

Only saw bass in the tank, cats and panfish haven't moved in yet.

I'm guessing this is a portrait of the Summerland coast near Santa Barbara. I've reported from there before...

Goals for the Mosquito...

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 05:46:53 AM »
Pretty awesome guys!  I haven't been in a BPS since Atlanta in 1997.  Place scares the crap out of my wallet.

I almost had BPS pay for and make a mount of my ATWR Sargo for the RB store.  I got an initial "yes" on the mount but I got a call back that it wasn't a worthy enough species for them.  Fuggers....lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 06:53:44 AM »
 I didn't meet them, just listened to Jimmy for the Ceremony and watched Roland and the guys on stage, still glad I went.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 07:49:39 AM »
I don’t go to BPS for their tackle selection, it’s their socks, redhead brand clothes and foul weather gear I like.
It will be nice for sales on electronics as well.

If you need a good tackle selection Meltons and Hogans are right around the corner. Ammo bros also has some good stuff.
Keep it tight

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 03:47:09 PM »
I’m on good terms with Charkbait locally, and Fishermen’s Hardware is on the other side of the block from me and has anything charkbait doesn’t. Probably won’t be back to Irvine BPS for a while unless there’s a sale or I’m stuck in Irvine with time to kill.

Hogans is solid, though very out of my way. Never been to Melton’s and I have heard great things.