Author Topic: Peaks and Deep Valleys (3/21)  (Read 169 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Peaks and Deep Valleys (3/21)
« on: March 21, 2024, 08:32:56 PM »
Yesterday after the 7 pounder I was just going to quit trout for the rest of the spring.  I went to get my follow-up visit at the doctor's hoping to be cleared for duty.  Turns out I'm healing really good.  Bad news is I'm still a few weeks away.  Ugh.

Got to work for an absolute mess, so talked myself into striking while the iron is hot and maybe back-to-back Lightning when I get home.  Got home just in time for my water heater to crap out on us.  Girls want hot water, but we already planned a desert trip and I'm not cleared for heavy lifting...  Peaks and Deep Valleys all day.  (I can't believe what it costs to have someone come out and install a water heater these days!)

I ran to the puddles with 2 hours to spare and try to figure out how I'm going to get this all done.  Texted my buddy Shaun who was more than happy to help even install the water heater.  I just wanted help getting it out of the truck and onto the raised pad!  Still, the rods say silent...

I checked my bait and it was all gone.  Pond Chickens?  Panfish?  Who knows....

Just like yesterday, 15 minutes before the gates lock and the action pichs up!  Missed the first, but got him on the second rod!  Huh... 7# yesterday  ... 7oz today... LOL

I put two more baits out with 5 minutes to spare and both got plucked.  I'm pretty sure they were these tiny trout!  lol

Oh well, still fun and the trout keep coming.  Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 08:37:32 PM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Peaks and Deep Valleys (3/21)
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 04:01:53 PM »
Relatable trout post for once. Don't normally fish for them but when I do, it's those.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 08:15:36 PM »
Water heaters sure don't last very long anymore, I have replaced 2 of mine and I am sure the one in the Shop is on it's last leg, UGH !!!

Ethansauce_

• Shovelnose
  • mackerel slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 08:30:55 PM »
Relatable trout post for once. Don't normally fish for them but when I do, it's those.

Amen. Thanks for sharing a story we can all identify with haha
Getting skunked on land, pier, and kayak since 01'