Author Topic: CA Insurance  (Read 80 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
CA Insurance
« on: March 21, 2024, 06:20:16 AM »
Friggin was dropped by my last insurance this past summer.  Finally found a new insurance carrier that would cover me, but after a few months they came back to say I needed to move my electrical panel on the house or they would drop me too.  SDG&E said, I need to upgrade from the 100-amp aluminum wire to 200-amp copper wire and they are charging me for any work that is being done on their end (which may include chopping down my trees and ripping up my driveway).  I set the wheels in motion back in September and here we are at the end of March and everything is crawling at a snails pace, but worried it will turn into a flood here quickly.

Ugh, hopefully it doesn't cost the 10K I'm being led to believe it could.  That would seriously cut down on my fishing trips this season.  Oh well, C'est la Vie I guess. 
I also have a lot of fossils to move in the garage so they can work on the wiring of the new box, so I'm not sure where I'm going to put them.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: CA Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 09:14:00 AM »
you can thank you elected officials for allowing the aluminum wiring

as with any project involving govt/insurance companies they have you by the short curlies and it will cost you
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)