Author Topic: Bored on a Saturday  (Read 140 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Bored on a Saturday
« on: March 16, 2024, 10:10:57 PM »
  Wasn't much to do since all the rain so we made a last minute decision to have lunch at Bass Pro. The decision was made at 11am and the boys were just crawling out of their room and looked like showers were not going to happen in a timely manner so Janie and I said C-Ya !  We got to Bass Pro about 1pm so the lunch crowd was thinning out at the Restaurant, perfect ! Calamari and Fries hit the spot, time to shop.

I get '' The Look'' every time we walk by this  ::)

Gotta appreciate the artwork in the Bathrooms  :)

After picking up our Fishing Licenses we just did a casual browsing session, not in a hurry for anything and just enjoying the place.

Only dumped a few hundred  bucks this visit so I got off easy, can't complain  :)  Grabbed a few misc. items and made our way home. It was perfect timing as we walked in the house it started raining pretty good.

My Bounty

I hear the new Bass Pro is having a Grand Opening in Irvine next weekend, looks like we will be doing another Lunch Date to check it out, I sure hope this rain is on it's way out as I am ready for some warmer weather with plenty of SUNSHINE !!!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Bored on a Saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 10:09:33 AM »
I still can't believe I've never been in that Bass Pro shops.  I'm just a little scared on what I would possibly come out of there with!

BTW, just do it....  That pontoon is SCREAMING your name!  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 10:21:36 AM »
I hear those Terminators are great, curious how you end up doing with them.

Irvine store is opening huh? I might wait a few weeks to avoid initial crowds and such but curious how they stock that store. Last time I went to the Vegas store I was actually a bit disappointed by the lack of saltwater gear. I remember the Rancho store being solid. Irvine should be chocked with Penn Internationals and Parkers.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 09:11:38 AM »
you should check out these spinnerbaits

https://www.reebslures.com/

I use them in AZ, builtx extra tough and slay the spotties/calicos.

kelp sassins slay them too.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 07:33:23 AM »
BPS Irvine opens Thursday March 28 to the public, for those wondering.

I wanna keep supporting the smaller local tackle shops but always fun to look at how they deck out that campus of a store.