Author Topic: Deja Vu (3/13)  (Read 198 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Deja Vu (3/13)
« on: March 14, 2024, 03:41:45 PM »
I got home from work and needed to get my quick fix, so ran down the street again.  I missed one screamer since I'm still operating at 1/4 speed, but got a little line twitching bite shortly after!  Not much of a fight and probably the smallest trout I've caught since last season.  Looked more like a DFG than a Mt Lassen.

Next few hours and nothing.  Not even a nibble.  I had about a half hour left and was going to call it.  A guy driving around asked if I got anything, but I said no as it was probably stocked as a bass bait.  lol

I then got a second trout with 15 minutes left before the buzzer, but same thing, another little squirt.

I started preparing to pack it in, but still had both rods out (no strike indicators).  I look up and the noodle stick was doubled over!  New reel got a work out and the drag was humming!  I couldn't believe it, but another big Red Ear!  At least an inch bigger than the one yesterday and a Male from the bright orange chest!

I let him go to breed and my other rod went off!  I could tell it was another red ear, but it popped off, so I recast one last time.  Within seconds, I was on again and I thought it was going to be another red ear, when I realized it was another trout!  Holy cow! 

I broke off the hook, but decided to cast my other rod out for a quick 5 minute soak.  Well, within one minute a snowy egret flew into the 2# and got all wrapped up.  This was the first Snowy Egret I've ever caught and trying to remove the line and hook was daunting.  They are so light and fragile, but success.  Nothing harmed and flew away with no jewelry.   I decided to call it after that and got home late for dinner.  My wife gave me stink eye because I promised I wouldn't be late.  LOL

Fishing has been slowing down and the trout stockings have ended.  I'm still hoping for one more giant out of here though.....

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Deja Vu (3/13)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 04:00:32 PM »
Jealous you have fishing three minutes from home, reminds me of living in Bishop.
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 08:02:23 PM »
 Groundhog Day !

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 09:47:51 PM »
Nice recurring trip. You think there are bass big enough to eat trout in your puddles?

Now that I asked Im sure you’re gonna catch a 7lber on a fkn hot dog tomorrow.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 09:12:38 AM »
Nice recurring trip. You think there are bass big enough to eat trout in your puddles?

I've seen a 10lb Bass suck up trout and small panfish the last 2 weeks, but haven't been able to get him to take an artificial.  I might just have to pin on a __________.....   Or try a hot dog.  lol

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 05:05:35 PM »

I've seen a 10lb Bass suck up trout and small panfish the last 2 weeks, but haven't been able to get him to take an artificial.  I might just have to pin on a __________.....   Or try a hot dog.  lol

My last big green bass was a solid 5lber, catfishing with a hotdog at midnight...you have the juju right now to recreate it.

Maybe put the whole wiener on a big T-rig hook and fish it like a spook. A whole new meaning to Walking The Dog.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 04:09:54 AM »
I might just have to pin on a __________.....   

My thought exactly...........
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 08:10:40 AM »
So, that 10# bass I saw is really a 9.7 pounder.  A bass guy was throwing a big trout swimbait and caught her and the male.  The male was about 2-3 pounds and he weighed the female on the scale and I heard his wife call out the weight.  Man, that was quite the impressive catch!