Author Topic: Morning Stretch (3/12)  (Read 131 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Morning Stretch (3/12)
« on: March 12, 2024, 01:49:29 PM »
I haven't fished in a week and this surgery has not been as chill as they led me to believe prior to scheduling it.  I've been working from home the past two days, but the pain meds have slightly interfered with the documents I've been writing.  Thus, I have to ice my stomach and take a 30-minute rest before coming back to read what I wrote again before submitting it.  lol

One thing my doctor said was to walk around so I wouldn't get blood clots... great.  I can walk around a bit, but I swear I can feel the mesh in my stomach moving around.  Not a really comfortable feeling.  I decided to take a two-hour break in the morning and see if I could handle the trout gear without any issues.  Good thing is I'm about 3 minutes away from the house, so can get back in a heartbeat if something doesn't feel right.

I got there when the lake opened and the only damn spot someone was fishing in the lake I like, was exactly where I fish.  As I rolled by, I recognized the kid(s) fishing as the ones who watched me reel in the 9.31# rainbow (I'm sure he'll only be fishing here for the rest of the trout season).  One of the downfalls fishing in the puddles is everyone on all sides of the lakes can see what everyone is doing... or just drive around asking every single angler if they caught anything.

I decided to try another spot out that has been on my radar, but I just haven't gotten down to.  It was raining and there were no hills to slip and bust my stitches open, so looked perfect.  I don't recall seeing rain in the forecast, but it was definitely heavy drizzling out.

At this point after setting up the rods, I really only had an hour to fish before I needed to run home and jump online for a few meetings.  I wasn't sure what to expect as other trucks rolled up and now I had company on both sides of me, but thankfully there was still plenty of room.

Well, I saw my strike indicator drop and knew I was on.  I was thinkig catfish as I slowly meandered down to the rod (Running is not an option).  Soon as I grabbed the rod, I was like "Oh Trout!".

Little guy, but really dark and colorful.  Definitely from the last plant on Friday.

Well, before I knew it, I had to run home for the meetings.  Not much time out there, but no skunk either so I can't complain!

Well, back to work... Then Rest....  Then maybe round two later today?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Morning Stretch (3/12)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 07:15:40 PM »
 I was wondering if you would be able to cast so soon after surgery, nice Skunk Buster !

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 02:54:39 AM »
That is what I would consider good 'Physical Therapy' 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 06:45:46 AM »
Funny, the trout was really dark and colorful, but my phone camera made it look like it drug behind the truck for a bit.  lol.  Thanks guys, first fish back from Sx felt good!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.