Author Topic: Came Back for More (3/3)  (Read 278 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Came Back for More (3/3)
« on: March 03, 2024, 03:30:49 PM »
Had some plans with the family today, but found a few hour window in the morning to run down really quick to the Puddles.  Tried 2 spots, but the second spot had a a few opportunities.  First fish hit the long rod and it felt pretty heavy!  I was a little taken back by the mere thought of a possible beast!  Unfortunately, it rolled and ran towards me and the hook just popped out.  I've noticed that happening a few times with the entire crawler on.

I kept fishing and getting close to having to run back home when I see the long rod double over again!

Not the weight of the last one, but felt really scrappy.  Turns out to be another cookie-cutter 18" bow for the stringer.

I made on last cast out for glory, but nothing.  I saw a turtle making his way out to where I cast, so decided to call it at this point. I can't complain since I've been getting trout pretty consistantly this year. 

Another bow for the smoker!

Thanks for reading!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
Re: Came Back for More (3/3)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 03:33:12 PM »
I'm trying to decide to go down before they close since I already bought the license. Being warm and dry might win out however and get some chill time.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 06:21:20 PM »
I think your boat is getting jealous now.

Are they done stocking in your area? They had our last stocks for the year last week in OC. Wondering if that means you'll be switching gears away from trout as they dwindle in the puddles.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 07:00:51 PM »
I think your boat is getting jealous now.

No Doubt!

Are they done stocking in your area? They had our last stocks for the year last week in OC. Wondering if that means you'll be switching gears away from trout as they dwindle in the puddles.

Here's the funny thing.  They stock one last time this week, but I really don't care about the recent stockers.  Back in Early January, they did a "Troutzilla" stocking in 2 lakes and put a lot of BIG fish in there including Lightning trout.  I've been doing my best trying those lakes that were stocked with them figuring they might be too big for the bass, ospreys and cormorants to eat.  I have to admit, I was right in trying for them.  I'm also not using small baits or powerbait.  I found a confidence rig and bait and, maybe by just pure luck, it hasn't let me down.  Hell, the big ass cats I caught on the trout gear also blew my mind.

I'll probably do some trout fishing while I'm on light duty since it's not going to rip any of my stitches, but will be back to the salt soon as my body lets me.  I have a super cow and swordie on my list this year. 

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 04:09:10 PM »
I'll probably do some trout fishing while I'm on light duty since

When is your surgery Tom?
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 04:57:53 PM »

This Thursday

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 12:08:57 AM »

This Thursday

Good luck and happy healing.

Seems like that plan worked insanely well. I'll keep some of that in mind for any attempts I make.