Author Topic: Thor is Drunk (2/27)  (Read 259 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Thor is Drunk (2/27)
« on: February 27, 2024, 08:06:13 PM »
Yesterday I found a really nice Rainbow that filled the void that needed filling.  Today I was hoping to fish with Sasquatch and do some catching up, but life likes to throw its curveballs, and I ran down solo today.   I saw everyone all packed together in the second lake, so I was not desperate to catch a bunch of small stockers over a quality fish.

It was pretty slow as expected, but as I walked the shoreline, I saw some nice trout in the 2–3-pound range.  I literally tried most of the tricks I had in my book, but when the bass guys showed up, they (The trout) took off from their close shoreline spots.

I wound up losing one 2# model but later decided to live or die at this spot.  I so wanted to move, but just decided to go with patience and a proven system to end the day.

I then had a Little Cloey spoon fish that got off at the last second and now expectations were pretty low.

I then just sat back to clear my mind from the day, when I saw the SI go erect!  Well, it kind of bobbled at first, but you knew it wasn't a turtle!  LOL

I spent a good 10+ minutes fighting this thing when I finally got the net under it!  OMG!!!!  (This is this is the side that Squatch would usually fish... so I got the win. Just ribbing you Squatch lol)

My guess was 8# at first, but it did seem a little smaller than the one I got with Dave.

It was a 2-footer and 7.34# on the scale.  So NOT my biggest, but pretty damn close to the 7.89# one from last week.

Well, I got home to realize that I didn't accomplish anything I hoped to when I got back home from fishing.  I also didn't take in consideration that I would get another Lightning Trout over 5# this year!

What a day!  Time for bed and i'll elaborate tomrrrow.  What a 2 hour session!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 07:11:02 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Thor is Drunk (2/27)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 08:13:35 PM »
You’re absolutely on fire in that little watering hole! Save some lightning trout for the rest of em!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 07:57:20 AM »
Your catches are stellar my man, thanks for sharing
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 06:46:51 PM »