Author Topic: Post-Work Puddle Pimping (2/26)  (Read 196 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Post-Work Puddle Pimping (2/26)
« on: February 27, 2024, 05:57:58 AM »
So a few years ago at a SNBF event, I was talking to Pinoyfisher about my new position at a new company and he gave a cringe saying something along the lines of "Dude, that place is a mess".  Well, he elaborated more, but I have to say was spot on.  I literally went from one position I was escaping from to the EXACT same situation...

In any case, after a close nervous breakdown, I stopped at the puddles for a quick 2-hour session.  $10 for 2 hours of unwinding is a pretty good price these days for easy entertainment.

(I'll get pictures up when I get home, but my work has blocked all of the picture sharing sites, so I'm dead in the water with pics until I get home)

First hit and I saw my SI (Strike Indicator) in the water!  I ran down and reeled up 15 yards of slack with no one home, not even a crawler.

There's 45 minutes left before they kick everyone out and I see my SI pinned to the guide!  Rod bending and screaming drag!  I saw a glimpse in the distance, and it definitely was bigger than the average 2.25 pounders I get there.  I even thought I saw yellow, but my mind is always playing tricks on me these days.

I get it up and it was a beautiful rainbow with all of its fins in perfect shape!  I was amazed more at the fins and colors than the fish actually being a 3.28# model.  I thought it was bigger than that but the scale don't lie... Still another quality trout from here and the meat was about as red as the lightning trout!  I am so impressed with the quality of these trout.

I actually changed lakes and saw everyone fishing catching which looked like 1.5# trout, but everyone was fishing so close together.  To be honest, my one 3+ pounder was way worth more to me than a bunch of smaller banana sized ones.

Well, the Ranger was giving everyone the boot and I saw my line moving sideways, but the strike indicator wasn't doing much.  Fish on!  No wait... Hmmmm... What a weird fight and then I realized it was another pond chicken.  Thankfully, this yellow-bellied slider only barely got hooked in the corner of the mouth, so it was an easy hook removal and release.

That's it.  Ended with a turtle and stress was gone at least for 2 hours of the day.

Thanks for reading and I'll get pictures up later.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:44:39 PM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Post-Work Puddle Pimping (2/26)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 11:17:34 AM »
The quality of trout you’re finding this year is pretty unbelievable. Really hope you find a solution to the work stress, that sounds awful. Lion taming sounds healthier and safer at this point.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 07:44:55 PM »
Updated...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 07:56:22 AM »
Wish it was easier on you Tom, hate to see you so stressed.  That trout has some clean lines for a hatchery fish...............
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 07:58:10 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 06:48:58 PM »
 That turtle looks like it could do some damage to a finger !