Author Topic: Upped the PB Turd 2/26  (Read 193 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Upped the PB Turd 2/26
« on: February 26, 2024, 12:56:39 PM »
Went out this morning for a relatively quick bass trip. It looked like rain and wind would come through around 11 so I had 3-4 hours to fish. I just wanted to play around with my GoPro that I've had for years but setting up a camera seemed to involved, from mounting to the standard of audio I wanted. I picked away at those problems and had a quick easy setup today with wireless lavs for good audio. Haven't checked the tape yet but I really hope it turned out...I'll post it when I get around to editing it.

Launched at 0700. Mr. Marina worker who told me I shouldn't be in the lot without a trailer popped up again and gave me the same exact spiel as a few months ago. I allowed myself to be visibly annoyed. I told him I talked to the manager. They couldn't give less of a f@ck. My plate number is on a sticky in the office so they know I'm cool, okay? He says THAT manager got fired and I should talk to the head head honcho who's been out for 6 months. I said, she was here 7 months ago? Yes. Okay, I was here 7 months ago, twice a week. For 2 years. She should know of my presence by now. I'm not worried about it. Then he introduced himself to me, at which point I knew he's the kind of guy with a short memory, and said he's just trying to relay the signs and he won't do anything about it (except he's the ONLY person doing anything about it). I'm thinking I should feed him some beef jerky some time soon so he remembers me, thinks kindly, and doesn't f@ck with me again...

OUT the gate, quick drive to the grounds. Glassy conditions. Turned on the GoPro and got bit quick with a barely short bass. Glad to get the skunk off in front of a camera, I was a little worried about that. Then caught a legal. Then hooked a big big fish. Drag set right, just steady reeling, through runs and everything. Really didn't wanna lose it. Thought might even be a small BSB. Then it comes up.

Oh yeah, that's a new PB. 23.5" sandie. No scale. Fair to say 6+. I got it on video too, so hopefully that came out good, and I'll have a better portrait with it.

Didn't just give me bass thumb, gave me bass hand. Rolled a couple times in the boat and ripped up both my hands. Almost kept it for the weight but took mercy.

My little setup with audio dongle thing. I put a dry bag over it while underway because the ports are exposed with the audio receiver thing.

Only got about 45 minutes of video, talking nonsense to the camera catching fish, then it died.

Kept hitting new stones. Some decent fish.

3 fish puked. Anchovy, some kind of mollusk, and whatever this is. Looks like a small eel?

Wanted to catch more bigguns with the sledgehammer, maybe attract a halibut. Stinger just got dinks.

Headed in a little shallower. I do really well when I see this kind of stuff.

10 sand bass and the brown. Called it at 10:30 as it started raining.

Got back to the ramp and gave my numbers to the surveyor.

Then I mentioned the marina worker, and he was like ohhhh yeah, he bugs me too.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 02:25:53 PM by jrodda »

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Upped the PB Turd 2/26
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 06:44:23 PM »
Marina Man needs a different hobby ;D  Nice outing before the rain 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 07:35:46 PM »
Marina Man is coming for the Turd Roller!!!  lol

Nicely done and congrats on the PB Sandie!  Great stuff Jeremy.  I've only been catching 17"-25" trout lately, so basically the same size (or bigger) as the bass I usually get in my boat.  Keep up the great work and keep those posts coming!  You're getting it all dialed in just before the BFT arrive and ruin all of your hard work.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 03:43:23 AM »
I don't know how I missed this write up Jeremy, that's one big sand bass.  As far as the worker goes, remember the old saying............."You get more bees with honey", the beef jerky might be a good idea
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect