Author Topic: Birthday Bows (2/22)  (Read 255 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Birthday Bows (2/22)
« on: February 23, 2024, 04:59:56 PM »
Man, my dumb ass really tied one on Wednesday night and I called out Thursday.  I already had Friday off, but everyone in the world was trying to ruin my vision of what I wanted to do this weekend. 

I went down to the lakes really late just to soak a line and shake off this nasty headache.  All of my usual AO's were occupied and I believe they had a trout plant, but I didn't want to talk to anyone.  I just went to the lake they haven't stocked in 5 weeks instead for some quiet time in the truck.

Bass guys were everywhere also, but I only brought one rod this time and was going to let fate dictate the day.

An hour in and I can hear people complaining about the fishing when I see my strike indicator drop.  Fish on!

I can't believe I'm still getting trout out of here!

It looked like it escaped a few cormorants but a 16.5" in the cooler!

Now people were pissed from the stocked lake to see me catch a trout in an unstocked lake.  They didn't come up, but I could feel their frustration.

Then a bass guy starts fishing right next to me rod.  Just then I saw my bobber drop and wasn't sure if it was his lure or a fish.  I ran down anyway and realized it was a Bow!
I reeled in the trout and the bass guy was like "WTF, they put trout in here?"  LOL

Better model at 17.25"

Anyway, the "day after" bathroom trip HAD to be made soon, so I called it at 1:00 and ran home to attend to my hungover state. 

Birthday Bows have been secured!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Birthday Bows (2/22)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 04:11:59 AM »
Anyway, the "day after" bathroom trip HAD to be made soon, so I called it at 1:00 and ran home to attend to my hungover state.

Never heard that one before  ;D         Happy Belated Birthday Tom
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 09:55:16 PM »
Not a bad trip for non-primo hours. Hope the belated bathroom trip treated you with more relief than pain.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 06:56:05 AM »
 Your body was rejecting the Buzzzz  and the Bathroom was confirmation :o ;D Almost worse than being sea sick !
« Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 06:50:29 PM by Tim524 »

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 07:25:23 AM »
You drink too much and do not want to talk to people?

Welcome to the old and grouchy club!

Happy Birthday!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)