Author Topic: Tuesday Crew (2/13)  (Read 308 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Tuesday Crew (2/13)
« on: February 14, 2024, 07:16:11 AM »
Went down to Santee Lakes again looking for light line "Whisker" trout... Fish were caught and I'm second guessing using 2# test line now....

Within 30 minutes, the 2# rod doubles over and I see the strike indicator going flying up in the air!  Nothing was jumping, but it felt very trouty.  I wound up getting it to the net and a respectable 17" rainbow.  It's been over a month since they stocked in this particular puddle, so I continue to be amazed.  I started doing some drawing in the cab and looked up to see the 4# rod load up!  Same deal, fought down at the bottom, but didn't feel like a catfish.  Got him to the net and another nice 17" trout.

About 30 minutes before closing and no whisker trout.  I saw the strike indicator drop and ran to the rod!  I saw a trout jump, but there was nothing on the line... literally... No crawler.

15 minutes later and my 2# rod was pinned!  I was for sure thiinking it was a big cat from the sheer weight of it and took my time.  It was fighting a lot different than the cats though and then it surfaced.  I was expecting to see a big bass the way it was coming up, but nope... It was probably a 7 or 8 pound trout!  WTF!?!?  Now I got a little nervous and it screamed out line and then .... Gone.....

2# snapped... Ugh....  By now the Rangers were making their last trip around and I packed it ion with my head held low.  I was stoked to get 2 trout, but went 2/4 on trout while losing a monster and no Catfish.

At least now, I have a full load of trout to smoke up!

Thanks for reading and until the next trip down to the puddles!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 06:33:28 PM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday Crew (2/13)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 06:34:19 PM »
Updated!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 07:41:47 PM »
Well, I suppose a line break is bound to happen on 2, but you’re proving that it can withstand some serious quality fish. Thanks for the read as always, these pond trips of yours are much more impressive than my latest local micro perch trips.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 04:19:51 AM »
You know what they say, "Better to love and lost than ........."   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect