Author Topic: PCS Show 2024  (Read 686 times)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Re: PCS Show 2024
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2024, 01:52:38 PM »
I had a blast. We set up on Tuesday then went fishing Wednesday. Nothing but snot sticks to report.
Thursday was an older crowd. Lots of boat owners, business owners etc. making connections and big purchases.
Friday was a little younger crowd. Majority of people seemed to be mid 30’s to 40’s and there to network and take advantage of show deals. I had a few people call me by “Lowprofile” from BD and couldn’t tell you who they were but everyone was friendly.

Saturday was quite the show. Tons of families with kids, dogs, pushing grandparents in wheel chairs and quite a bit of eye candy.

The negotiators were also out in force that day which made it super entertaining. We were throwing in rod wraps, rod covers and beers with purchases and apparently it wasn’t enough.

Sunday was less crowded but still a full house. Everyone was worn out by Sunday and thankful the show closed at 5.

I met the Batson Family and they offered to put me on the team. Super cool opportunity and really excited about that.

Nick Morris from Morris lures Hawaii was on deck. Really cool to meet the guy who made the majority of the lures I used while in Japan. Learned a lot talking to him.

Joe from RAP systems donated a 0 degree railer bar to my inflatable shenanigans. Big plans for that.

Britney picked up a beautiful purple jig stick wrapped by Jon Tac with Pura pesca and he threw in some swag for us. Her Tuna hunt begins now. He anlso insisted we come catch East coast bluefin with him so I need to start saving for a trip.

The BBQ place always had a 20+ mins line and was always out of brisket….

Finally met Bill Depriest in person. Very brief interactions but super nice guy… very busy

Met Ali from BD. That man is also very busy and has 1,001 things on his mind at once.

Billy K stopped by the booth and ended up talking to him like we’d known each other for years when it was only minutes. Very easy going and nice guy.

Tim, it was good seeing you and hope that bag treats you well!
Len, also good to see you after all the years. We need to do some seabass fishing soon.
Keep it tight

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: PCS Show 2024
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2024, 06:50:14 AM »
Sounds like you had a great show!  Very cool that Bill brought you on board also.  I've known those guys for 25 years and they never wavered from being some of the best people around as well as in the industry!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.