Author Topic: C-Rigging and Data Gathering 2/10  (Read 578 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
C-Rigging and Data Gathering 2/10
« on: February 10, 2024, 10:33:07 AM »
Fished 0700-0930 with Jared and his dad this morning. Started with a c-rig, Jared and dad started with jerkbaits/swimbaits for halibut. Took a couple hundred yards to find any life at all, but eventually started getting aggressively short bit. Stuck with the hole til I got my skunk buster.

Might have been the only fish in that hole. Moved a bit and got more bites. 2 YFC, 11-12".

Saw a guy fishing from a rod holder, spinning reel with no baitfeeder, and he was sitting in his chair back like 40 feet from the rod. Looked like he was napping as well.

As the tide peaked I cut the c-rig and put on a fluke. Saw some conditions that I was looking for but no stripers. Won't be long. Jared and his dad ended up landing 1 and 2 YFC respectively.

Heading out with Jared tomorrow on the Mosquito. Bringing some fresh ideas so hopefully an interesting report to follow.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: C-Rigging and Data Gathering 2/10
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024, 07:22:11 PM »
 Good luck out there tomorrow, be careful as there will probably be lots of trash and debris in the water from all the run-off ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 09:58:07 PM »
Thanks for the report Jeremy and I'll catch my striper tomorrow and get back to you.  lol

Good luck in the Mosquito.  What are you going to target?  Halis? or just have a look see and make something happen?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 10:26:44 PM »
Thanks for the report Jeremy and I'll catch my striper tomorrow and get back to you.  lol

Good luck in the Mosquito.  What are you going to target?  Halis? or just have a look see and make something happen?

Sheephead, halibut, bass. Sheeps are out of season technically but gonna scout some stones with shrimp and CnR. Trying much larger swimbaits on the bounce ball between the stones to hopefully finally get a halibut or at least weed out the short bass. Probably finish out the day inflating the bass numbers. Should come out to a nice refresh on my inshore game I hope.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 04:15:18 AM »
Good luck tomorrow Jeremy, we're thinking about taking the boat out Monday
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 07:41:23 AM »
Should come out to a nice refresh on my inshore game I hope.

Looking forward to the post!  I walked outside this morning, then walked right back inside.  34 was a little too chilly for me.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.