Author Topic: Back to My Nemesis...  (Read 296 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Back to My Nemesis...
« on: February 06, 2024, 02:45:29 PM »
Man, it was perfect out after work.  raining, but not too bad.  I set up right where I saw some fish caught the day prior.  I had 2.5 hours to get me some trout!

White Pelicans were chasing trout around the entire lake.

I look out the window of the truck to see the strike indicator in the water and line slack!  I ran down and started reeling AND.... No One was home.  Worm was a little chewed up, but weird.... Strike 1

A little while later and my other rod has the strike indicator pinned but there was only a slight bend in the rod.  I ran down and felt something, but not sure what it was.  I set the hook and no one home... Strike 2

5 minutes before closing time and this time I see the rod go full bendo!  I ran to the rod and just as I was reaching to grab the rod from the holder.... Gone....  Strike 3 and I'm out...

Oh well, I actually had a lot of confidence on this trip, but that's what I get for thinking I figured out the SL Puddles...

Next time....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Back to My Nemesis...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 04:23:55 PM »
Nice try. I thought this afternoon would have been better than it was. Lots of interesting and special conditions around.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Back to My Nemesis...
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 03:52:27 AM »
You are persistent my friend   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect