Author Topic: After the Rain 2/1  (Read 474 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
After the Rain 2/1
« on: February 01, 2024, 09:16:39 PM »
Hyped up this morning all week to try a thing for stripers. Slept absolutely horribly, decided to not derail the rest of my day with a morning trip and slept in. Went about my day grub hubbing, about 1400 I was driving over PCH around Huntington Harbor and saw the swell smacking the jetty. Looked rugged and thought I would go off the clock and stare at it for a few minutes. Got on the sand and realized the 7' @ 7 sec swell really falls apart on the outside. Inside trough actually looked super fishable. So I set up a 1oz dropshot with crack at the car and hopped back on the sand for a few casts hoping for maybe some bigger models to be swimming in the washing machine.

Second cast and I was hammered by a 10" breeder BSP. Couple other aggressive bites, moved over a bit and found the croaker. Back to back 12" YFC. Became a mix of quality fish. 6 YFC to 14", 4 BSP most around 10", 2 WSP around 9". Fished a little more than an hour. Tide wasn't moving too much, but just enough water receded for the inside trough to become less obvious, and the bites slowed. Not bad for a spontaneous trip.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 11:09:56 PM by jrodda »

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: After the Rain 2/1
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 04:13:22 AM »
WTG Jeremy, 12 fish in one session is more than I caught all of January.  Some quality perch also
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 05:18:48 AM »
Wow, that's a good count with variety as well 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 05:49:54 AM »
Great variety and numbers Jeremy! 

Too bad by sleeping in, you probably missed the early striper bite.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.