Author Topic: Field Test Type of Morning (1/6)  (Read 552 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Field Test Type of Morning (1/6)
« on: January 07, 2024, 11:25:16 AM »
I picked up a new bay baitcast reel and wanted to try it out.  I had a ton of points and with some coupon codes I found, I wound up getting this Tranx shipped for $87.  No too shabby!

I worked the shoreline for a few hours for one single short bite.  The reel casted great, but light lures took a lot of feathering the spool to prevent back lash.  I played around with the cast control, but it took a little getting used to.  The water and tide were just perfect but didn't see any bait getting pushed anywhere in the bay.

I met up with Roger and it got just warm enough apparently that the shirt came off as it has for the last 65 years, I imagine....

We tried for halibut under the bridges for nothing and moved over to a nice sandy beach hoping for a halibut.  I had the sweetest blade bait on and perfect for the clear water, but only attracted baitfish that wanted to swim with it.

I really wanted to get out on a morning Yellow hunt, but I knew I already committed to a lobster hunt that night, so I had my fingers crossed I didn't make the wrong choice.

Well, I fished from 7:00 to 11:00 for nothing, so called it the morning to prep for bugging.  Roger fish for a few hours after that and couldn't find anything willing to play either, so the bay is pretty dead at the moment.

Until next King tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Field Test Type of Morning (1/6)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 11:54:53 AM »
Always fun to break in new gear, too bad about no fish.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 03:25:07 AM »
I've bought then sold a few bait casters, never could master them   :-\
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2024, 05:43:14 AM »
Those Underspins are supposed to be the hot ticket, hope the bay comes alive soon, I need to get The Cyclops wet :-[