Author Topic: Getting Healthy  (Read 959 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Getting Healthy
« on: January 05, 2024, 04:54:12 PM »
The last 4 months I've been working out every morning before work.  I need to get myself healthy before I break down for good.

Soon as the New Year hit, I was afraid the gym would go from maybe one other person in it to a packed Gym for a month that would really get in the way of my routine.

All week though, I had the gym to myself!

I walked outside this morning to cool off after burning 500 calories on the bike and saw this!  Wow! I really wish I was out on the boat and saw this, but it was still spectacular anyway.

Gotta keep grinding.  Goal is to lose 20# this year.  Right now I'm gaining muscle as I'm losing fat and the scale just stays in the same spot.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Healthy
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024, 07:06:46 PM »
Good on ya Tom. I may still be a few years out from the downhill slide of my body (accelerating it with riding the Mosquito though) but maintenance is the name of the game, glad to see you keeping up. Maybe one day you’ll be built like a rock like Verne is. When I fished with Verne I was amazed by his still strong, flexible casting motion with a shark rod and thought damn, I wanna be that when I grow up.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2024, 08:39:59 PM »
Last year: lose 20lbs
This year: only 30 more to go...  ;D

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2024, 09:37:28 PM »
I need to start hitting the gym myself. I’ve lost a little over 40lbs since my heart attack but have hit a plateau. I’d like to lose more but think I need to increase some muscle mass in order to keep progressing.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 04:31:17 AM »
Maybe one day you’ll be built like a rock like Verne is. When I fished with Verne I was amazed by his still strong, flexible casting motion with a shark rod

The last few years my age is catching up with me Jeremy, arthritis in my wrists and on the schedule for both knees to be replaced.  I've gained 15 pounds since I quit smoking which adds to the knee problems, I have trouble walking on the sand.  Whoever called them the "Golden Years" is full of crap   ;D

I need to start hitting the gym myself. I’ve lost a little over 40lbs since my heart attack but have hit a plateau. I’d like to lose more but think I need to increase some muscle mass in order to keep progressing.

Right on Ron, stoked for you
« Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 08:44:24 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 05:58:46 AM »
 Glad to see you hitting the Gym, it's a good feeling when a goal is met and your hard work has paid off. Come Bat Fight time, everyone will be taking pics of Tom instead of the girls on the boat  ;D