Author Topic: The Century Mark Was Hit, but a Half-Dozen Were Good (12/27)  (Read 311 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
The Century Mark Was Hit, but a Half-Dozen Were Good (12/27)
« on: December 29, 2023, 04:01:24 PM »
My buddy has been trying to get me out hooping for a while, but I know the drill.  I have the bait, gear, spots (and the boat) but he wants in and has his boat docked in a marina.  I don't have to trailer my boat?  Yep, that's good enough for me.

It's always a messy job setting up and I realized I only had 7 usable hoop nets.  2 were trashed and one was missing.  The rest all needed repair and I spent hours sewing them up.

We didn't start dropping gear until 8:00 because of all the prep, but at least it was small tide swings, so good for the crawl.

It was more video than pictures, but you get the point.  I need to figure out how to post videos here.

We probably averaged 3 or 4 lobsters per net the entire night. 

We figured about a hundred lobster for the evening, but could only squeak out 6 legals in that time.  Damn things were a c&nt hair from legal all night long!

The swells were nasty coming in the inlet which was not expected.  Otherwise we might have tried some other spots, but didn't want to get flipped.

Three legals each still was a good trip and I didn't have to trailer my boat back.  Besides the lobster, it was great catching up with one of my old buddies again.  Cheers!

Thanks for reading and until next tide!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: The Century Mark Was Hit, but a Half-Dozen Were Good (12/27)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 04:09:51 PM »
Lobster regs are crazy, now they’re measuring by c&nt hairs?

Came away with some fine dining, good hang, no trailer. Sounds like a good time. I was at the beach cliffs a few minutes ago, the storm surge aint no joke up and down the coast.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: The Century Mark Was Hit, but a Half-Dozen Were Good (12/27)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 06:26:38 PM »
 They are on the crawl and them c&nt hairs can be so frustrating, but definitely need to be respected  :D