Author Topic: The Card  (Read 1117 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
The Card
« on: December 11, 2023, 07:01:42 AM »
Well, I was bored and figured now was a good time to take the Boater's Safety Course, been putting it off for a few years but the time has come. A little education never hurt anyone ;D I started on Saturday evening and finished last night. Nothing terribly hard, just a bit of reading and then answering some questions and then downloading the Certificate. I guess they mail the actual card when they receive add process my info. Be safe out there 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: The Card
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2023, 07:12:02 AM »
I spent the extra $15 to take the shorter course.  I finished it and now it's not letting me download my certificate.  I should have just stuck with the traditional method, I guess.

Good for you Tim.  I probably know more rules and regs for PWC's and Sailboats now than I ever care to.  hahaha
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 07:45:46 AM »
I spent the extra $15 to take the shorter course.  I finished it and now it's not letting me download my certificate.  I should have just stuck with the traditional method, I guess.

Good for you Tim.  I probably know more rules and regs for PWC's and Sailboats now than I ever care to.  hahaha

Yeah, I wondered why all the PWC stuff was in there ::) Oh well should be good for a while, till they decide to find another way to make us pay  ::) ::) Hope you get your Cert. figured out :)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 12:32:54 PM »
Congrats on the certified knowledge binge, boys. I should probably pour over my rules for review.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2023, 07:06:41 AM »
Got my card, so on January 1st when they are stationed at the launch ramps checking ID's, I'll be good.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2023, 07:13:33 AM »
The temporary Boater's Card is an entire sheet of paper.  LOL

I even laminated it since the laminator at work was just screaming my name the last few years... lol
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 07:21:44 AM by Latimeria »

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2023, 05:23:07 AM »
I was surprised how quickly I got the card in the mail, some of the course was good but a lot didn't apply to me
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 04:05:31 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2023, 06:56:39 AM »
The temporary Boater's Card is an entire sheet of paper.  LOL

I even laminated it since the laminator at work was just screaming my name the last few years... lol

You just need a bigger wallet  ;D