Author Topic: Free Gear  (Read 508 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Free Gear
« on: November 22, 2023, 07:05:13 PM »
 So a buddy of mine is a Handyman and he did a job for a lady who's husband passed away, she just gave him all these rods and reels one day after completing the job :o He isn't much into fishing so he tried to sell the stuff on Marketplace for well over 6 months for $550...... no takers ::) A few months ago he gave me the Penn Squidder when I was at his house cause I showed interest in it for a Sabiki Reel 8) Fast forward to a few days ago and he had some firewood he needed to have split so I told him to come over and we would split the wood. It was getting late in the day and he was headed to Mexico for a Baja race so I told him to just dump the wood and we will split it later. He called today and wanted to come over after his last job of the day and split the wood, I said no worries ;) Well I wasn't doing anything so I split the wood while he was on his way over, I'm a nice guy ;D Since he knew I /we fish, he gave me all the Rods and Reels :o :o 8) 8)

Here is the Ad from Marketplace

Took me about 45 minutes to split the wood, easy job with a Log Splitter :)

The reels are in great shape, a few minor scratches but no big deal

One of the rods has some corrosion on the guide, hopefully it can be cleaned ;) Not a bad deal for 45 minutes of wood splitting 8)

« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 07:37:13 PM by Tim524 »

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Free Gear
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 07:19:47 PM »
Uh, yeah! I think you scored! The Calstar and Seeker are prime, as with most of that gear.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 06:09:56 AM »
Good deed, good reward...................ya did good  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 07:58:37 AM »
You definitely scored!  I have the Long-Range Special also.  Now you need to troll for some BIG BLUEFIN!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 07:43:18 AM »
You're turning into Tom!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)