Author Topic: Frustrating Morning  (Read 855 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Frustrating Morning
« on: November 22, 2023, 08:31:23 AM »
Was gonna take the Mosquito out for the first time in about a month. Finally got a little financial relief and a good weather window to try deep dropping at the 14 mile bank again. Got to the ramp, was just about to put the boat in the water. I raised the lower unit to prepare to walk the boat into the water when I heard a snap. That can't be good...

Didn't have time to check what it was when a marina worker in a golf cart rolled up and said that I shouldn't be in the marina without a trailer. I said, honestly yes I understand that but I've also launched here at least 70 times in the last couple years without an issue, so I figured we had at least come to some kind of implicit understanding seeing that I never got a ticket. He said well I'm just letting you know that is the rule, and you should talk to the new manager of 4 months and make sure you're on the same page, they come into work in an hour.

He was nice enough and introduced himself. But made me think my time getting away with what I'm doing is up...

Turned back to the outboard and I snapped the female connector of my gas valve. Day is done.

Biiiiig frustrated sigh. Set it all up just to tear it down.

I guess I'll drop by the marina to talk to the manager soon. If they're not gonna let me in anymore then I'm gonna be seriously reconsidering having the boat, maybe drop it until I can afford a Livingston on a trailer.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrating Morning
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 08:38:02 AM »
Damn... I'm glad at least the fuel line connector snapped at the ramp.

Bummer about the new management.  It's usually never good as they always try to be the model manager/employee when they first start.  Hopefully that conversation goes well, and if not will make sure I put you on the Curmudgeon rotation.  Heck, I've barely gotten my boat out this year, but hope to remedy that in 2024.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 08:03:28 PM »
Don’t you have a built in tank as well?

That trailer rule is BS. It’s oversized vehicle parking and that includes trailers but if you pay for parking you’re paying for parking.

When I’ve gone out of there on other boats I park in the 4 hour parking all day and never have issues. I feel like DP is very lax except on race days
Keep it tight

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2023, 06:05:22 AM »
Bummer on both Jeremy, let us know how the talk goes
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2023, 06:40:33 AM »
Isn't a Launch Ramp For getting a boat into the water, what difference does a trailer make ?? Seems like a Karen Rule to me ::) ::) Hope you get things resolved ;)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 11:00:31 AM »
Came back and talked to the marina office, they have absolutely no problem with me launching. Golf cart guy was buggin’…

Doesn’t mean I don’t wanna get a livvie asap.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2023, 11:35:20 AM »
Isn't a Launch Ramp For getting a boat into the water, what difference does a trailer make ?? Seems like a Karen Rule to me ::) ::) Hope you get things resolved ;)

You have to pay to get into the lot and then park after you launch. It’s not just a drive up ramp like shelter island, Dana landing and oside
Keep it tight

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 01:14:13 PM »

You have to pay to get into the lot and then park after you launch. It’s not just a drive up ramp like shelter island, Dana landing and oside

Talking Sunset Aquatic ramp in Huntington, I didnt spell that out earlier.

It’s the only ramp I know of in SoCal that you not only have to pay to get in, but there are no non-trailer parking spots inside the pay area. There is a fork in the road leading the trailer cars to the ramp and non trailers to free parking which is 100 yards from the ramp. I might be willing to hand cart a kayak that far but no fkn way with my setup.

I do a 50 yard walk for free parking at the Dana Pt ramp and it is incredibly taxing.

Thankfully I learned that they are as chill as I thought they were all this time.