Author Topic: Monday and Friday  (Read 1423 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Monday and Friday
« on: November 17, 2023, 12:43:46 PM »
Monday - Went toward the LB area with Tommy looking for halibut. Tommy got a few short nips on the dropshot gulp grub, I got nothing. I lost an LCFM that's caught me an impressive number and variety of fish. Moment of silence...

Friday - This morning went over to HB and it was wall to wall surfers. They seem to double every time I visit. I would safely estimate 200 this time, no room in between to cast for a couple miles. Scouted it from the cliffs and went back to the car. Headed to Sunset beach where there were less people, water seemed mellower, but it was grass every cast. Gave up very quickly. Woof!

Just switched out the line on my Avet 30/2 from the 100# braid for tuna to 50# to start deep dropping for sables. Keeping an eye on a weather window Wednesday, though the next week looks a bit windier and wetter than usual, so might be a minute.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Monday and Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 04:44:04 AM »
You got out, that's better than I'm doing.  Thanks for posting Jeremy
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 05:51:31 AM »
This time of year is good to fish the artificial reefs :) Hopefully Santa will bring you another LC ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 06:53:35 AM »
Just switched out the line on my Avet 30/2 from the 100# braid for tuna to 50# to start deep dropping for sables.

Before Ben left for Florida, he gave me some Sable Numbers for LJ.

As legend goes, when you lose a special lure that has caught a lot of quality fish, you also lose all of your fishing luck and even the favor of the fishing gods.  Better find that lure!   ;D

Thanks for the report Jeremy!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.