Author Topic: Mission Bay Bass Slam with a Side of Snot Sticks (10/22)  (Read 1160 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Mission Bay Bass Slam with a Side of Snot Sticks (10/22)
« on: October 23, 2023, 05:38:25 AM »
Bummer, but my Imgur account doesn't work here at work, so I'll just have to put up a report when I get home tonight.  I even uploaded everything to Imgur at home so I can make an easy report this morning. 
I'm actually surprised I can still get on Prehistoric Soul.  They literally banned almost every website from our internet except anything pertaining to Biotech.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay....  Plans changed too many times to count this weekend and it looks like the planets will be aligning again here soon.

Busy plans, so I thought I was night catfishing in the Curmudgeon to get my fix, but wife had other ideas. 

After Dinner and a Movie, I was pretty much done for the weekend since I had to work all day on Saturday.  After a fun night with the Misses, I woke up early still needing to scratch the fishing itch, so packed up the boat on a whim and headed out trying for whatever.  I was thinking SD Bay, but I haven't fished MB in a while so said, "What the Hell".

Water was ugly...

Wind was between 10-20 knots from the NW all morning, but Spot-lock to the Rescue!

First cast was a snotstick...

Next 3 of 5 were also the same.... and same size.

They screwed up a half dozen 4" MC's, and I had to leave.  sh!t's expensive these days and wasting baits on small cuda weren't part of the plan.

I moved around and found the typical big MB bay bass.  I got 5 bass from 14-16 inches and released another dozen.

No halibut though...

Some really nice and fun fish!

I also picked up 5 sand bass, but they were all pretty small...

I ran to some rocky areas and started targetting some Calico.  The water temps were 5 degrees cooler here, and the fishing was slow until I found some biters.

legit Calicos!  I got 4 before deciding to head back deeper into the bay and look for corvina.

Solid chunky fish!  Two were less than 12" and the other two were 16 and 17 inches and pretty thick.

I ran back looking for Corvina and Butts, but all I found were more quality Bay Bass.

I ran over to my friends boat at the slip and took some pics for him since his neighbor said the last time he saw him was when I was down there (2 months ago)

I ended up with 20 bass and 4 snot sticks.  Unfortunately, no halibut or corvina, but it was fun fishing the old bay grounds again.

Next time I'm targetting Butts with Live Bait back there!  lol

Thanks for reading and until next tide...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 05:13:12 PM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Mission Bay Bass Slam with a Side of Snot Sticks (10/22)
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 06:01:36 AM »
I’d bet some blu fun into the right hands could fix that

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 10:57:53 AM »
I’d bet some blu fun into the right hands could fix that

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm also sure you're right.  lol

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2023, 05:23:54 PM »
I wish bait wasn't so expensive or I'd probably pick it up more often.  It's hard to justify on a bay trip though... Unless it's when the corvina are wide open.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 08:28:23 PM »
2 dozen solid fish is a great outing, I would love some of that action right about now. Thanks for the write up.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2023, 09:30:25 AM »
Catching Spotties is the only thing I miss living in AZ.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2023, 06:54:20 PM »
Nice trip, them bass are fun, I wish I lived closer to The Bay. Bait is overpriced, but then again what isn't these days. Cool pics 8)