Author Topic: And Now Some Perch From Dog Beach 10/20  (Read 2960 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
And Now Some Perch From Dog Beach 10/20
« on: October 20, 2023, 03:23:56 PM »
0700-0900. 5-10mph wind for first hour, foggy. Sun came out and wind chilled a bit around 0800. 3 other fishermen besides Tommy and I, recognized one from the Central Park lake a few months ago and said hi. Plenty of surfers out but no serious issue.

3 distinct model perch for me on crack up to almost 12", a skunk busting savior for Tommy on a grub. Pretty nice troughs and holes mid-tide, solid downhill current.

Seems like the surfers around here do not give any f@cks about hopping into the water right next to us with our line in. Literally happens 3-5 times per session. As long as they don't get hooked, or they don't bitch when they get hooked, I'll c o - e x i s t. I don't know much about surfing but...well I don't think they do either.

5 times surf fishing in 8 days! 7 trips total in 9 days. Resetting my sleep schedule is paying off. I won't overload the shore fishing section with skunks but might inspire ya'll to join me in a c-rig revival. Been so long since I really went at it that it feels fresh and I'm picking up on little things, not even all fishing related, that are making it a nice regular experience. Now if only a bean would show up once and for all!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: And Now Some Perch From Dog Beach 10/20
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2023, 04:23:19 AM »
7 trips in 9 days?  You're living the life my friend
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2023, 07:13:32 AM »
Seems like the surfers around here do not give any f@cks about hopping into the water right next to us with our line in. Literally happens 3-5 times per session. As long as they don't get hooked, or they don't bitch when they get hooked

That's why I call my surf rods the "Idiot Beacons".  Problem is there are few beacons and tons of idiots.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2023, 08:36:26 PM »
You have been on the sand quite a bit lately 8) 8) It's been a while for me and I don't miss the surfers either ::)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 08:54:25 AM »
Great grinner baits!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)