Author Topic: Good News or Good Vibes Out There?  (Read 2149 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Good News or Good Vibes Out There?
« on: October 12, 2023, 05:34:13 AM »
I could use any good news or good stories out there if you have any.  Life has been doubling down on me and every time I happen to open up my browser or turn on the TV, things just seem to get worse.

Right now, I'm stoked thinking about coming home from a long day to see my rods and reels I purchased from Okuma.  People are right when they say you can't buy happiness, but buying fishing equipment is about as close as you can get to it.  lol

Trust me, share anything you might have.  It will do more good than you can imagine.

Cheers guys
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Good News or Good Vibes Out There?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 10:38:21 AM »
Wish I had something.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 10:48:41 AM »
My Celilo arrived two days ago, you are right about gear arrivals being their own special high. Also have 3 3500 trays coming in to manage my fanny pack fishing a little better. Just the idea of organizing tackle in new boxes can make me giddy for days. The joys of OCD, my mouth is literally watering right now just thinking about it. All my little trays are too small or popping open all the time...

Good news? ARod is making record time on his achilles rehab so you might see him play before the end of the season.

Other good news, YFT are still in town. 31 miles for me to The Slide, 25% chance I end up looking, pretty long ride though. Are you gonna take a look for them in the Curmudgeon? I've noticed you haven't gotten your boat wet this season as often as previous years.

Got rear ended the other week, not too bad but it was a work truck that pierced my rear bumper with a steel ring. Still waiting for the claim to settle but hopefully that turns into a check, which would more likely go to OTHER car problems. But I will be stoked to get some money.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 05:41:44 AM »
Well, I thought I was going to have to wait another day to get my packages, but they showed up.  I can't buy another piece of tackle for the rest of the year since I pretty much went over-budget for 2023.

I got an Okuma 7' 11" swimbait rod and paired it with a Citrix 364 for my new bass/swimbait rod.  I also got a Citrix 350 that is going on a Batson Revelation rod that always had the wrong sized reel on it.  Now it feels perfectly balanced.  I also picked up 3 of the Okuma topwater lure in a few sizes that are just bad ass after I got them in my hands.  It's hard to pass up lures that cost $22-24 for only $5-7.  Perfect for slinging at tuna and breezing yellows.

(A few weeks ago, I got a bulk package from overseas with some KILLER irons I picked out.  I re-rigged them with appropriate terminal tackle and just can't wait to try them out)

It's so weird that I was stressed beyond belief today, until the tackle came in and I forgot about everything that was bothering me.  I even got a great night sleep and I'm crediting it to the tackle purchase.  lol

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 05:56:58 AM »
I take one part back.  I have a new 7'6" Cielo trout rod that needs a new reel.  Not sure if an old reel will suffice on this baby.  lol

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2023, 12:59:46 PM »
Tackle slut!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2023, 04:03:39 PM »
Box of Soft Steel braid came in today, thanks for helping me spend my money Mike lol.  ;D

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2023, 06:35:14 PM »
  Every time I venture out, I find myself at 2 or 3 Tackle Shops. I always stock up on weights, line and sometimes a cool T-Shirt if in stock. Haven't bought a new setup in a while but I have
 been using Freshwater and Saltwater gear. I did pic up a Daisy Chain and a painted Cedar Plug the last visit to Turner's. Been dumping money into the 1995 Jeep this last month so I guess it's
 time to start watering the Money Tree again ???

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2023, 07:32:37 AM »
Tackle slut!!!

I really went overboard this year.