Author Topic: Half Day for Dalton 10/2  (Read 1754 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Half Day for Dalton 10/2
« on: October 02, 2023, 07:01:11 PM »
Took my long time close friend Dalton out on the Mosquito this morning. Couldn't make his birthday gathering back in April so I said I owed him a boat ride. Schedules and conditions finally aligned today.

Launched about 0715. Headed straight for my whitefish grounds with squid and hoped the whole critter variety would show. He was still trying to figure out how the baitcaster worked on a straight drop and we had a double hookup on bass. His first calico bass ever and I got a nice legal turd.

The whitefish proceeded to dominate the next couple hours. Pretty much wide open, and every other was an eater. Gathered some ceviche meat for Dalton to take back home to Thousand Oaks. Was barely paying attention to the fishing as we caught up and laughed it up.

Saw some dolphins a couple hundred yards away so I went over to play with them. They didn't want the usual 10kts, but at 4kts we got a very intimate time with some BIG old dolphins in crystal clear water. One of my new favorite dolphin memories.

Headed inside to my bass hole to troll swimbaits but they weren't around. We both picked off another turd and calico then went in.

Excellent time with my good old pal.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 08:36:12 PM by jrodda »

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Half Day for Dalton 10/2
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 07:59:35 PM »
Always fun when the buddy gets to join in on the cooperating sea life, I hope to get out this weekend 8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 04:31:05 AM »
Looks like he enjoyed himself, always good to catch up
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 05:32:03 AM »
Right on Jeremy!  Great write up on catching up with your buddy. 
I can't believe how clear the water is inshore.  I forgot to mention that in my report from Saturday.

Bravo guys!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 07:53:12 AM »
Nice trip and way to put your friend on fish!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)