Author Topic: Harbor Quickie 9/15  (Read 1801 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Harbor Quickie 9/15
« on: September 15, 2023, 03:18:27 PM »
Didn't really even wanna get of bed this morning, but everything was ready to go so I made the most of it. Quick harbor trip 0700-1030.

Tide was ripping toward the front of the harbor. Picked off my skunk buster off a dock with a good ol' scampy.

The morning breeze was not being kind to me as far as drift directions. Had to do a ton of tiller correcting and hardly any drifting parallel to docks made dock flipping frustrating. I put out a double dropshot as well with a banana peel strip and squid tentacles on #10 hooks. Hoped for mullet and/or white, shiner, black perch, gobies, etc.

Meandered around scouting, found a big sandy harbor cul de sac. Tossed a KM through it, the loligo got bit.

Time ran out with just the 2 to hand. Couple short bites. Still seeing a little surface action between the mullet and the juvie WSB. I should either get a trolling motor or a float tube to do the harbor right. Or just go back to trolling it.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: Harbor Quickie 9/15
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 03:34:49 AM »
Well, that's two more than we caught.  I wish NPH wasn't so far
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 08:40:10 AM »
Nice "Quickie" Jeremy!  At Koga's age, the term can mean up to 12 agonizing hours.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 03:59:07 PM »
 I would imagine any kind of breeze would push your boat around pretty quick, at least you got 2 in a short window ;)  8)