Author Topic: Conquered the Carb 8/14  (Read 1290 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Conquered the Carb 8/14
« on: August 14, 2023, 02:04:17 PM »
0700 launch. Testing the carb to make sure I didn't royally f@ck up the maintenance and reinstall. Checked out Izor's again. Was thinking about scouting some other areas, but the 2mph wind in the forecast was wrong again. 5-10 west wind, white caps and sh!t eating chop out the gate. Thankfully the run to Izor's keeps the west chop abeam, so a little wet but not too hard of a ride. Horseshoe was pretty much out of the question as far as I was concerned.

Arrived alongside a couple cattle boats, a few private boaters as well. Marks didn't look like bass. More like whitefish. Wasn't getting bit on flukes or irons. Switched to squid and it was a critter fest. A lot of bait stealing. Eventually switched over to the sabiki and was catching whitefish and squarespots on it while hoping for mackerel.

3 skrillas.

2 seņoritas, one was waaaay off the bottom which I found odd.

1 large blacksmith.

7 chub mackerel, 4 jack mackerel, vacuum packed and ready for another day.

No bass!

I thought I had the local bass dialed, but when they stack on these more popular spots, I absolutely whiff while others seem to have no problem. They did seem MIA compared to the volume as of late, but I'm sure there were some around. This wind also doesn't help, I was sideways in 90' with a 12oz sinker this morning. Swimbaits were useless.

Outboard worked with zero issue. Even started on the first pull. Carburetors aren't so scary anymore :) .

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Conquered the Carb 8/14
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 07:16:38 PM »
That's a relief to know the Carb is good 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2023, 07:40:03 PM »
Nothing greater than working on your carb successfully for the first time.  I used to work on my old car carbs, but was nervous about my 2 stroke outboard carb for some reason.    Nicely done!  I got some non-skrilla looking fish in the East Cape, but they are the legit Tilefish. 

That senorita looks like how one sicko might imagine Koga gaping.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 09:53:42 PM »
That senorita looks like how one sicko might imagine Koga gaping.  lol

;D Left to the imagination for some, in the memory for others.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 02:56:45 AM »
Nothing greater than working on your carb successfully for the first time.

Agree
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect