Author Topic: Must be Shark Week  (Read 1323 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Must be Shark Week
« on: July 25, 2023, 08:59:15 PM »
 Had a buddy guide me on my boat to get a few pointers and just get as much advice as I could get. We launched The Cyclops at 6:30 am at South Shores and hit the Bait Barge before heading out to La Jolla, hoping to see some Yellowtail. We metered a few and thought we had a hookup :o then as fast as it happened it was over >:( Oh well. Next stop was Point Loma in search of Ling Cod. We hooked a couple nice ones and had a good battle and the 25Lb. Flouro was bit off ::) ::) Headed back North a bit and found a nice stone about 5 miles out, we stayed there till 5:30 pm, non stop action and we had to call it quits cause we still had to get back to the launch and still an hour drive home. Water was a beautiful purple and calm as could be, didn't want to leave :) The pics will tell the story  8)

I heard these sharks were tasty, so I decided to try it......Shark Steaks on the BBQ coming soon :)

Heading back out on the 4Th, Cheez from AZ. is coming out for the weekend, hope to fill the kill bag again  8)

I put 43 miles on the boat and burned about 18 gallons of gas, not too bad. The Spot Lock is a must have, it works great  8)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Must be Shark Week
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 10:21:25 PM »
Let us know how the shark steaks go, I was thinking about keeping the next pinback I catch. Good absorbing more captains knowledge from others.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 03:54:19 AM »
Stoked to see you took the boat out that far, nice batch of fish also
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 06:53:15 AM »
Nice Spiny Dogfish!  Did you mess with the dorsal spines?  At least keep them for some souvenirs!

Nicely done once again guys.  For some reason I thought you were going offshore looking for Bluefin.

Great haul once again!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2023, 07:35:09 AM »
Nice Spiny Dogfish!  Did you mess with the dorsal spines?  At least keep them for some souvenirs!

Nicely done once again guys.  For some reason I thought you were going offshore looking for Bluefin.

Great haul once again!

We were going to head out but we decided to stay inside. Didn't save any fins, maybe I can dig them out of the trash. What am I supposed to do with them ?

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 12:57:43 PM »
Nice!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 08:11:02 PM »
If you catch another, just remember there are two nasty stingers on them just like a horn shark!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.