Author Topic: That Darn Carburetor  (Read 1585 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
That Darn Carburetor
« on: May 17, 2023, 08:03:30 PM »
Sitting in my car outside my apartment complex, smokin’ a cigar and drinkin’ a near beer, waitin’ for the darn post man to deliver my carburetor. Soon as it shows up I got a mechanic that will fix my outboard and drop in the upgraded 6hp carb so I can start lookin’ for them darn thrashers. Why did I get my budget ebay knife jigs but not the carb? No room in the apt mailboxes, that’s probably the answer to this riddle…

Really hope to get out on the Mosquito Sunday. Taking shots looking for green sunfish at the local hole for now.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: That Darn Carburetor
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 08:33:41 PM »
 That reminds me, I got a new carb for my RV generator and I need to install it, it's in my shop somewhere ???

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 06:36:02 AM »
I was wondering where the mosquito was...

Well, they are starting to show up... 8)

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 11:08:23 AM »
Water temps look great. I have Sundays to fish, maybe sneak something in before 1pm clock in on tue/thu. Eager to see the variety showing up now.

Probably could have got the pull start issue fixed by the mechanic by now but he will do a flat rate for that plus the carb, so been waiting anxiously for its arrival.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 06:30:32 AM »
Th inshore and offshore is picking up!  Time to get that new Carb installed!

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2023, 10:03:28 AM »
Showed up after work yesterday and dropped the outboard off with the mechanic last night. Doesn’t sound like I will be able to get out this weekend but happy to get this in motion. Carburetor was also delayed a week because the ebay seller somehow didn’t see my payment, or my “uh when you are shipping this???” for a whole week. Don’t know what it is about outboard repair but it brings out the worst in the universe…

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2023, 08:11:16 PM »
Outboard is fixed for minimal fee, carb didn't fit. Gonna have to deal with 4 horses a while longer.

Excited. Get to fish tomorrow. Might even stay out through the afternoon wind and fish hard all day as a welcome back.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2023, 09:05:37 AM »
Outboard is fixed for minimal fee, carb didn't fit. Gonna have to deal with 4 horses a while longer.

Excited. Get to fish tomorrow. Might even stay out through the afternoon wind and fish hard all day as a welcome back.

Good luck boss!  I was out on the water fishing for 27 straight hours fishing and 48 hours total of straight no sleep.... and I'm whooped!

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2023, 03:19:32 PM »

Good luck boss!  I was out on the water fishing for 27 straight hours fishing and 48 hours total of straight no sleep.... and I'm whooped!

You certainly sound sleep deprived! Sounds like an adventure. Now go rest up!