Author Topic: Giant Birds  (Read 2256 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Giant Birds
« on: May 13, 2023, 08:33:49 PM »
 I planted 2 of these Giant Bird of Paradise on each side of the rock about 24 years ago, they were only a foot tall back then :o There is a 4 thousand Pound rock in the middle of that jungle :)

The pole saw took a toll on my shoulders so I passed it to Myles, he did great. The birds are so tall we couldn't reach to trim some of them, so onto the deck for easy access ;)

It was tough and we made quite the mess but we got it cleaned up into piles after filling up the trash cans 8)

Looks a lot better after all the trimming 8)

Just might have to make a Dump Run cause we did some Queen Palms and more Giant Birds in the backyard as well, just in time for Mother's Day :D

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Birds
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 10:35:16 PM »
Love a good prune. Too many overgrown giant birds out there. Ya’ll did them justice!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 03:30:40 PM »
So where are all the critters supposed to live now that you just took away their frond homes???  ;D ;D ;D

Ha!  Nicely done guys.  Can you use Bird leaves to wrap a pig like banana leaves?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 08:08:25 PM »
So where are all the critters supposed to live now that you just took away their frond homes???  ;D ;D ;D

Ha!  Nicely done guys.  Can you use Bird leaves to wrap a pig like banana leaves?

Well, a Woodpecker hid a ton of acorns up there, I am sure he will be back ;D
Not sure the leaves are good for wrapping the pig, I remember asking someone at a nursery about that subject and was advised not to use them, can't recall the reason but I play it safe with cheese cloth and burlap ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 07:57:24 AM »

Not sure the leaves are good for wrapping the pig, I remember asking someone at a nursery about that subject and was advised not to use them, can't recall the reason but I play it safe with cheese cloth and burlap ;)

That's what I needed to know and I'll keep that in my list of things not to cook with...  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.