Author Topic: March Fishing  (Read 1997 times)

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
March Fishing
« on: April 22, 2023, 07:21:36 AM »
March and early April were pretty awful other than for sevengill fishing, but it was almost all dropped baits. Surfcasted baits had been very dead unfortunately.

3/4
Fished dropped baits for sevengills with a couple friends. Started fishing near the end of noon outgoing and we were bit quick. Fairly consistent action with 4 fish landed and some others farmed. Landed my fish just after peak low tide, smaller male around 7ft but fought hard and jumped quite a bit which was cool to see.

3/17
Fished dropped baits again for sevengills. There was a lot going on this trip so i don't really remember the order of things but in short, 13 sevengills were landed in the 24 hours we fished with some others being farmed. I caught 4, one friend also caught 4 and other friend caught 5. Definitely the most wide open bite I've seen as far as beach fishing goes. I did get one on a casted bait which was the highlight for me because everything had been eating dropped baits. None of the fish between the two trips were very big, all around 7ft with some a little bigger or smaller, but still cool to see that many around.

3/4/23, Sevengill, *84 inch approx, Male, Bonito, 3-4ft surf, 55 degree water, Low tide, Waxing Gibbous, VC

3/17/23, Sevengill, *84 inch approx, Male, Bat ray, 1ft surf, 55 degree water, Incoming tide, Waning Crescent, VC

3/17/23, Sevengill (casted), *90 inch approx, Male, Mackerel, 1ft surf, Incoming tide, Waning Crescent, VC

3/17/23, Sevengill, *90 inch approx, Male, Bat ray, 1ft surf, Outgoing tide, Waning Crescent, VC

3/17/23, Sevengill, *78 inch approx, Male, Bat ray, 1ft surf, Incoming tide, Waning Crescent, VC
Farmer's only

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: March Fishing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 02:25:07 PM »
Congrats my friend, here are the pics.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 05:11:55 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 08:51:43 PM »
Killer sessions!!!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 09:30:34 AM »
Congrats of the dropped bait fishing!  I need to get out this week and at least try the long rod again, it's been way too long and I've made enough excuses. 

I'll get them up on the shark list soon.  Anniversary day for me and the wife, so doubt I'll get to it today.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Farmer_Joey

• Shovelnose
  • I suck at fishing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 11:19:43 AM »
Congrats of the dropped bait fishing!  I need to get out this week and at least try the long rod again, it's been way too long and I've made enough excuses. 

I'll get them up on the shark list soon.  Anniversary day for me and the wife, so doubt I'll get to it today.  8)

Definitely time for the long rod, casted is finally seeing some action. And happy anniversary!
Farmer's only

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 01:08:44 PM »
Anniversary day for me and the wife.  8)

Happy anniversary my friend
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023, 06:19:02 AM »
Thanks Guys

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023, 08:29:04 AM »
That woman puts up with a lot!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 08:48:09 AM »
That woman puts up with a lot!!!

She's lucky to have me.   ;D