Author Topic: Troubleshooting Jack Stands  (Read 1407 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Troubleshooting Jack Stands
« on: April 18, 2023, 08:15:51 PM »
So, I have to park on an incline with the boat which makes it 3 times I have to bring over blocks and jackstands to just get it high enough to get off the hitch.  I have limited space, so after measuring a few times, I think I found my solution that wouldn't break the bank at Harbor Freight.  Same drop leg with short height was $100 more at other shops, but I would need some welding to do.

After having it in my garage for a few weeks, I finally figured out what I need to make it work on my trailer.  I mocked it up and marked it.  Thankfully my neighbor is a welder and for a few pieces of smoked Ahi, I got it done!

I just have to grind/primer/paint a few spots and time to mount it to the trailer!  This will be so awesome not to have to get up three times and move big blocks of wood just to get the bow up for storage.   ;D

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting Jack Stands
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2023, 09:34:09 AM »
Well she's mounted on!  It saves me about 10 minutes of readjusting the jack and blocks as well as lugging around all that wood.  I'm super happy.

It took a little figuring out how to mount it without putting pressure on the welds, but it all worked out just fine!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2023, 10:57:19 AM »
That’s going to be nice

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 03:10:03 AM »
I'm assuming your neighbor has a TIG?  Nice bead  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2023, 05:52:56 AM »
Nice setup, my jack is not the best cause to get up high enough to clear Bad Pig, it leans a lot, I know its only a matter of time till it snaps  :o Time to upgrade as well  8)