Author Topic: Our bat fight  (Read 1924 times)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Our bat fight
« on: April 16, 2023, 02:58:01 AM »
I really wanted to be able to join the crowd and hang out for the evening gathering that usually happens but with baseball and an ear infection that popped up overnight I had my hands full. By the time we were able and ready to get on the road SD didn’t have a fish on the board and the biggest was a measly 32.5”…

I wasn’t able to pre fish south SD like I had in the past but I knew there were bats closer to home… unfortunately they weren’t in the mood to play today.

We did get on fish though and the big leopard I thought for sure was a 40” bat. I’m out of my game and can’t even tell a fish by tip action anymore lol.

Donovan was the main character for us tonight and got a 42.5” butterfly ray, 56” leopard (with stub tail) and a brown smooth hound. We also had a few bait stealers and short strikers which made me fish in freespool the majority of the time.

I’ll post pics in the bat fight thread but here’s a video I wiped up!
Also, I know he’s using some language that’s questionable and I’ve talked to him about it. But when a bunch of boys get together on and off a field they pick up on stuff each other say. I also whole heartedly talk sh!t to every fish I hook whether he’s with me or not so it’s partially my fault too.

Hope you enjoy

https://youtu.be/jvbB9qoIZfg

« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 11:59:30 AM by Chris »
Keep it tight

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Our bat fight
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 11:23:30 AM »
That’s a great night of fishing with your kid.

The first time my dad really heard me swear, we were kayak fishing and I caught a good sized sarcastic fringehead and it proceeded to come off the hook, fall into my lap, and attempt to chomp at my jewels. He heard every 4 letter word in my vocabulary and I haven’t hesitated since.

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2023, 08:39:42 PM »
Updated with pics
Keep it tight

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 08:46:29 PM »
That’s a great night of fishing with your kid.

The first time my dad really heard me swear, we were kayak fishing and I caught a good sized sarcastic fringehead and it proceeded to come off the hook, fall into my lap, and attempt to chomp at my jewels. He heard every 4 letter word in my vocabulary and I haven’t hesitated since.

I’m not ready for that! Although I do think he needs a stronger vocabulary but also needs to know how to use it. These kids are so passive on the field and afraid to run through 1st basemen and nobody talks crap to the pitcher. I heckled a coach once and got shushed by all the moms. It’s a nightmare.
Keep it tight

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2023, 09:05:47 PM »
It's great to see young kids enjoying fishing and actually catching too, good job ! 8) My twins out-fished me yesterday and I was thrilled  8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 06:19:42 AM »
That was awesome that you and Donovan had the long day, but still got to fish the Cat Fight!  Give him a high five for me for literally holding SD up on his shoulders.  Mt shark would have only been the missing tail portion of his leopard.  hahaha

Bravo guys!  Great report and video!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.